"VIP" Status

Dabbo

Sorry - forgot to ask.
If you have a really early flight, you may, but the VIP tags won't mean squat!:)

The CCL website will show their 'suggested' departure times for flights... If you have an early flight, you may be off before some others when your color is called, but its not guaranteed...:rolleyes::p Good luck...

ps: I haven't missed a flight yet, and I've had a few before noon..:eek::p

If you have a really early flight, you may, but the VIP tags won't mean squat!:)

The CCL website will show their 'suggested' departure times for flights... If you have an early flight, you may be off before some others when your color is called, but its not guaranteed...:rolleyes::p Good luck...

ps: I haven't missed a flight yet, and I've had a few before noon..:eek::p

I do not think the ships use the color system anymore - they use numbers 1 - 30 something.

For the Splendor last week- we were told not to book our return flights before 11:30 am. We had an 11:45 flight.

Mid week we stopped at the Purser's desk and ask for early disembark tags. Later in the week we were given number 2 tags (number one's are VIP's) and we were at the airport and at the gate by 10:00.

It was the smoothest debarkation yet!!

According to my PVP with a suite you also get priority disembarkation. I am in a Cat 11 and Carnival says that puts you in the Captains club so you get both.

What's the Captain's Club?? I haven't heard of it yet.

It's Princess Cruise's past guest program.

Darth, I have my Captian's Club for this quarter sitting on my end table from "Celebrity".....;)

By the way...Look at the Inspiration rollcall for Jan 8th......;)

You definitely get priority debarkation. We just got off Glory three weeks ago where we had our usual Cat 11. This time we got a letter explaining we could have priority debarkation and it came with #1 tags. We ended up having breakfast with our friends before we left and when we came out of the dining room they were announcing #6. We were off the ship by 9:00.

I agree with BND...just got off of Triumph and had a Cat 11...received both VIP Embarkation and Disembarkation...this policy is the same policy you will find if you sail with Royal Caribbean and was confirmed by my travel agent.

Mark:cool:

VIP status gives a lot of perks that I enjoy.

1) Free laundry (I do it everyday so I have no dirty laundry when I get home).

2) Priority Embarkation and Debarkation - The VIP lounge for embarkation is super nice (depends on the port) and it's quick. Debarkation gives number 1 tags but I rarely leave the ship when they call my number. I wake up around 8am, take a shower, eat breakfast and get my bags. I'm usually off the ship no later than 10am. But if you're in hurry, it's certainly beneficial.

3) We get treats in our rooms on 2 separate days. One day is a salmon appetizer thingy and the next day is a sweet plate with yummy desserts.

4) Gifts are given on one day - currently being given out are aluminum cannisters. I think they are for coffee but we use them for water and take them on the excursions. The water stays cold for hours.

5) Special line at the purser's desk. You don't have the stand in the regular line at the purser's desk. There is a separate line for VIP.

6) Priority tendering at the ports with tendering. This is nice because I can be the first one off the ship and I don't have to wait in line.

I'm sure there's more but these are the ones I use regularly. I know you can have your dinner seating to your liking as well and the supper club gives you priority seating too. Plus we always get special treatment when the staff sees our platinum cards as well. It's a nice perk.

It's Princess Cruise's past guest program.

Actually, that's Captain's Circle. ;)

VIP status gives a lot of perks that I enjoy.

1) Free laundry (I do it everyday so I have no dirty laundry when I get home).

2) Priority Embarkation and Debarkation - The VIP lounge for embarkation is super nice (depends on the port) and it's quick. Debarkation gives number 1 tags but I rarely leave the ship when they call my number. I wake up around 8am, take a shower, eat breakfast and get my bags. I'm usually off the ship no later than 10am. But if you're in hurry, it's certainly beneficial.

3) We get treats in our rooms on 2 separate days. One day is a salmon appetizer thingy and the next day is a sweet plate with yummy desserts.

4) Gifts are given on one day - currently being given out are aluminum cannisters. I think they are for coffee but we use them for water and take them on the excursions. The water stays cold for hours.

5) Special line at the purser's desk. You don't have the stand in the regular line at the purser's desk. There is a separate line for VIP.

6) Priority tendering at the ports with tendering. This is nice because I can be the first one off the ship and I don't have to wait in line.

I'm sure there's more but these are the ones I use regularly. I know you can have your dinner seating to your liking as well and the supper club gives you priority seating too. Plus we always get special treatment when the staff sees our platinum cards as well. It's a nice perk.

All these benefits are to platinum cruisers only, though. Wouldn't want someone to book a suite thinking they get all this when they don't.

My first platinum cruise is in April, can't wait! :D

As I said...suites only qualify for VIP Embarkation and Disembarkation unless you are Platinum...then of course you recieve those other benefits.

For me personally...the only thing Carnival does not do well is embarkation and disembarkation...it always seems like a chaotic mess...so...being able to avoid that mess with VIP embarkation and disembarkation is well worth the price of a category 11 until I reach platinum...my upcoming cruise will be #6 with Carnival...I am a diamond member of Royal Caribbean C&A and get those perks for free with them without booking a suite...

I will say though...at Royal Caribbean you do get the perks you are talking about with platinum as part of the cost of the suite...

Archived