Princess Air to S.A.

campanet

I just received information from Princess of the flights they've booked for us. Although the status states confirmed, there is no airlines confirmation number and the seat assignment states "check-in-required." There doesn't seem to be a way to get seats through their virtuallythere site. Princess' reps explanation was that the seats are "blocked" and are assigned at time of departure. Since the person giving this information didn't seem to know what that meant, nor do I, can anyone explain it? What are my chances of getting a decent seat?

KC

I just received information from Princess of the flights they've booked for us. Although the status states confirmed, there is no airlines confirmation number and the seat assignment states "check-in-required." There doesn't seem to be a way to get seats through their virtuallythere site. Princess' reps explanation was that the seats are "blocked" and are assigned at time of departure. Since the person giving this information didn't seem to know what that meant, nor do I, can anyone explain it? What are my chances of getting a decent seat?

KC

I would call the airline and see if they can pull up your res by your last name. If they say it's part of a "block", I would then call Princess back and endeavor to talk to someone in their air department. For a long flight like that, I would definitely want my seats assigned ahead of time.

KC

I don't quite understand exactly what information you received from Princess from your post. Do you have the airline and flight numbers? You are correct; you can't check this through virtuallythere without a confirmation number. Some airlines will not let you choose seats until 24 hours before departure; without the name of your airline, I can't tell you if this is the case for your flight.

Princess can't assign seats for you; it has to be done through the airline.

Princess did give me seats for my trip to S.A., but said I'm booked as a block for the return trip so they can't assign seats. They won't allow me to speak with Princess Air people. I did contact the airline that they have me booked with but there is no record of my reservation since it's a block. I just have to sit and wait it out I guess. At least they are decent flights.

Thanks for the responses!

KC

Hi Ann, we are on your cruise. We will be arriving just one day before the ship leaves and will be returning to the U.S. the same day as you. Princess booked us both ways on scheduled LAN flights. We've been given the flight numbers, just no seat yet for the return flight.

KC

Hi Ann, we are on your cruise. We will be arriving just one day before the ship leaves and will be returning to the U.S. the same day as you. Princess booked us both ways on scheduled LAN flights. We've been given the flight numbers, just no seat yet for the return flight.

KC

Very often, foreign carriers DO NOT allow pre booking of seats. Unless you are an elite One World FF, LAN is a carrier that does not allow pre booking of seats. Your seats have been "pre booked" by LAN (although you may not be able to see the assignment). Get to the airport early if you want to change seats.

Archived