Wine and Dine - Have I got this right?

Lushpuppy

I am going to order 3 x wine dine packages. Am I correct in saying I can have the wine from room service and also through the day at Windjammer and take it to the pool? What about the bars? Can we order a bottle at the bar from our package? Thank you!

Probably not, although I have never tried some of that! :D Wine and dine is done outside of the regular bar service, and off a separate menu. You can get wine and dine wine at the main dining room and the Windjammer. From there you can take the wine any where you want on the ship. I honestly have never tried to order wine from a bar server or room service on my wine and dine account. So maybe it can be done, but I doubt it. What I have done is to tell my waiter I would like a couple of bottles to take with me to the room after dinner. Or to the head waiter in the WJ. Easiest way is to get a few bottles from you waiter in the MDR.

jc

You can take them home with you. Seriously, if you are not a big drinker, just buy wine by the glass. Of course, usually you can find people at your table that will gladly relieve you of the responsibility of drinking all of your wine.;)

jc

I tried ordering it thru room service and they wouldnt let me........But they sure let me order and pay for a bottle or two thru them.........It was for sailaway in my cabin so I didnt have to chance to get it thru the dining room......

Last month we just brought the bottle to our room (from the dining room using a bottle from the wine package). DH likes a small glass before retiring. Don't forget!!! The price in the package includes the gratuity.;)

EH! We only drink champagne at the pool! They must allow you the bottle? I am beginning to think I might regret rci! We will want bottles champagne from the bar though not on package for the pool?

Will this work? When we board the ship, we head to the Windjammer, as we always do, order a bottle of wine from our "wine and dine" package. We then enjoy a glass with our late lunch and take the remaining back to our cabin for sailaway? Could we even order two bottles? I do understand that they may have to open both bottles, right? :confused:

We did the wine and dine on our July Mexico cruise and loved it. As I recall it is only available in the main dining room or the Windjammer cafe (Wine and Dine). It is not available in the bars nor through room service. Whatever you don't finish of an open bottle you can finish in your cabin only or have your waiter save to consumer on another evening. Any unopen bottle(s) at the end of your cruise can be brought home. Your table waiter has your wine order package on embarkation and keeps track of the number of bottles consumed. You need not have to sign for anything but request a type of wine your want from the package you order. No hassles at all. I hope this helps.

Not to hijack the OP's thread, but what happens if you do like the 5 bottle gold package and don't end up drinking 5 bottles?

you can take them home, or bring them to your cabin....

we get a package that's a couple bottles less than the cruise...like on our 9 nighter last week, we had the 7 bottle package....we had a couple nights where we didn't drink a whole bottle.

We are thinking of a Wine/Dine Diamond package for our LOS cruise in May. From what others have posted here - sounds like we can only use it in the main dining room or Windjammer. What about Portofino's or the Chop House?

yes...you can use it there..(PF or CHops!)

about a year ago, another CCer did a nice spreadsheet of the w&d package and pricing,etc...the best deal (cheapest per bottle price) was the 7-night platinum package....we followed the chart and picked the ones with the best per bottle savings and we came out about 35 bucks ahead of what it would have been to buy them by the bottle....

The bars only have a limited number of wines available and I'm not sure that any of them are even on the W&D package. Your favorite, champagne, is only offered by the glass of the house swill. So I would do what one poster does; go to the WJ on the first day and get a few bottles that way, then take them to your cabin. In my experience, they do NOT have to open the bottles, so no need to worry about losing the fizz.

about a year ago, another CCer did a nice spreadsheet of the w&d package and pricing,etc...the best deal (cheapest per bottle price) was the 7-night platinum package....we followed the chart and picked the ones with the best per bottle savings and we came out about 35 bucks ahead of what it would have been to buy them by the bottle....

That comparison chart was very helpful for us as well. We also did the 7-night platinum package for our Mariner cruise last week. I had the list printed out and we referred to it each night before leaving for dinner. I thought I might have the link to that thread saved, but I don't.....just saved the file, which I'd be happy to send along if you want to give me your e-mail.

That comparison chart was very helpful for us as well. We also did the 7-night platinum package for our Mariner cruise last week. I had the list printed out and we referred to it each night before leaving for dinner. I thought I might have the link to that thread saved, but I don't.....just saved the file, which I'd be happy to send along if you want to give me your e-mail.

I would love a copy of the chart. :) Thank you. sylvia_826@hotmail.com

You might have trouble taking it to the pool as they generally do not allow any glass on the pool deck.
Not true.they do have bottles of Corona........

The bars only have a limited number of wines available and I'm not sure that any of them are even on the W&D package. .
I never would had thought of that.......so they have the wine available that first day??

I wonder if the prices have gone up........

Will this work? When we board the ship, we head to the Windjammer, as we always do, order a bottle of wine from our "wine and dine" package. We then enjoy a glass with our late lunch and take the remaining back to our cabin for sailaway? Could we even order two bottles? I do understand that they may have to open both bottles, right? :confused:

Probably, although it may depend on the local rules in the port, but I could be wrong. I am certain though that if they will do what you say, that they wouldn't have to open any of the bottles, except of course, the one you drink in the WJ.

jc

Archived