Just booked Adventure of the Seas for Feb 22, some questions

Sass4

I am so excited!!

Now for the airfares :gulp: and to find a motel room. Thinking about going 2 days prior and flying out day ship returns, is that a good idea?

I got a guarenteed Balcony so I am a little worried about where it will be located.

It will be just my husband and I this time, normally we go with a group of 5 couples.

I did request a table for 2 in the dining room early seating, anyone ever get one of these?

Definitely a good idea to fly in at least a day in advance. As to flying home, as long as your flight is after 12pm, you should be fine. Just remember that Sunday is a busy day at SJU and when you add 3 mega ships in port that day it will be crowded and crazy.

As to hotels, I recommend going to the San Juan Ports of Call board and looking for tips on bidding Priceline. San Juan is one place that I would feel very comfortable using Priceline.

I am so excited!!

Now for the airfares :gulp: and to find a motel room. Thinking about going 2 days prior and flying out day ship returns, is that a good idea?

I got a guarenteed Balcony so I am a little worried about where it will be located.

It will be just my husband and I this time, normally we go with a group of 5 couples.

I did request a table for 2 in the dining room early seating, anyone ever get one of these?

Great idea to go two days early as Old San Juan is a lovely place. You'll have no problem flying home on the last day. I can't imagine a really bad balcony, I think any balcony will be nice. Table for 2 at early seating......we have gotten one 2 out of 3 times. So enjoy!

em

My two cents...if you are looking for something that is centrally located in OSJ, clean, reasonable rates, but not fancy, check out the Howard Johnson Plaza de Armas. I've stayed there twice. It's well reviewed on Trip Advisor. Request an inside room. The rooms on the street side can be really noisy.

Since you're used to traveling with others, a larger table at dinner may suit you well! You already know it's fun to have others to talk to---and there's PLENTY of time for you as a couple to be alone... just a thought, if you don't get a 2-top!

As far as flying home right away---I think that's the only way to do it! After a great cruise, I don't want to be stuck with all my dirty laundry in a city trying to find something to kill the time! An early flight is for me!

just in case of crowds, i would book a flight AFTER noontime....i'd rahter have enough time at the airport.....instead of rushing.

AOS is the only ship on whcih we did NOT have a table for 2...it was our first cruise, i asked right away, and again the next day...no luck.. there aren't that many of them, but you may have better luck since you have early dinner.

Welcome! We are on the same cruise :D

Why don't you come on over to our roll call! We already have a confirmed Meet and Mingle and it would be great to see you there :)

I am flying in on Friday, and out on the Monday after the cruise ends.

Archived