Refund of Fuel Supplement on All Sailings on or after December 17th

DRAM

Carnival Corp. has just announced that "A refund of the fuel supplement will be made in the form of a shipboard credit for all bookings within the final payment period for departures on or after December 17, 2008."

http://www.worldsleadingcruiselines.com/AboutUs/FuelSupplementUpdate.aspx

Looks like we don't have to track oil prices anymore ;)

As I understand the just (today) released announcement Princess, as well as the other Carneval lines, have dropped the fuel surcharge for all cruises leaving after Dec. 17th. The old policy of refunding the fuel charge if oil stayed below $70 for a certain period is recended. If you have already paid the final payment, with the fuel charge, you will get a ship board credit. If your final payment is yet to come the surcharge should be deducted from your final payment. One caveat however: The announcement said the cruise line reserves the right to reinstate the charge if oil goes back above $70. Could others confirm that I am reading this right?

Since we're not quite at the final payment date, guess that means we have $154 less to pay on our final. YES!!! ;)

Since we're not at final payment and we booked the Amazon 2 years ago, we never paid it and we don't get it. :D

That's great news. I forget, how much were they charging per cabin per day for the fuel surcharge anyhow?

The fuel surcharge was $9 per person per day for the first and second guest.

That's great news. I just wish it was effectively immediately since we leave on the CB Sunday December 7th. With oil prices being so low, I don't know why they made it for after December 17th.

Great news for everyone else!

I will guess it's because those cruises after that date would be the first that were eligable for the refund under the old plan. ;)

Archived