Super Bowl while sailing

kruz

It seems like we always cruise during the playoffs or superbowl, yes it is on the tv's on all the ships we have been on if they can pick up the signal. They haven't really had any speacial drink deals or parties,:mad: But they always have fans from both AFC and NFC and it turn into alot of fun...GO BRONCOS

We were on NCL Sun for the Super Bowl Feb 2006. They projected the game onto the movie screen in the theater and had hot dogs and nachos available during the first half. It wasn't quite what we expect for a Super Bowl party, but it was better than missing the game.

We were on the Splendour or Rhapsody in February 2006(it is in my signature!:eek:), and they had a super bowl party in the theatre and projected the game on the big screens. They had tables with hot dogs and chips in the theatre.

jc

It one of our favorites cruises!!! DH & I go on a short 3 night get away cruise every year during Super Bowl. They have a huge screen in the theatre (Majesty of the Seas), give aways and a buffet in the theatre. Also have a set up to buy beer plus wait staff walking around taking drink orders as well.

All the fans get into it and it really is a fun time. Only wish it wasn't on the last night of the cruise so we could really party!!!

We were on the Brilliance in February, 2008 and they had decorated the theater with colors for one team on one side and for the other team on the other. The game was on a very large screen (as well as in other areas of the ship), and there were hot dogs, nachos, and more constantly being brought in. It was a good time!

This February will be our 3 rd time in a row watching the SuperBowl on the ship. It is by far the best party with the friendliest football rivals we have ever been to, although I don't think I'l be seeing all those NE fans this time.

<flame>

Go Giants!

Go Bucs!

</flame>

We were on the Sun Princess a couple of years ago during the Super Bowl. They had a party in the big lounge. We had to get there pretty early for a good seat. It was broadcast in Spanish so they muted the audio and used a radio broadcast in English for the sound. It worked pretty well. They had stuff like buffalo wings, meat balls, chips, dips, etc and they kept it coming. They had beer deals and bar service of course, and gave out tickets for door prizes. We had a blast! I'm attaching a photo of DH and a new best bud we met on the ship:D (hope I did this right)

HPIM0318.jpg.140f6c21c92dc549f5c5d0e86830b361.jpg

Has anyone ever been on board during Super Vowl? Are there any football parties or anything special going on?
I have twice on RCI, yes they have parties and show it on a big screen. On Radiance it was in the theatre, on Adventure it was in Studio B. On Adventure they even moved the muster drill to Monday morning so that it wouldn't interfere with the Super Bowl watching.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

Is there somewhere at RCL that we could write to check on the plans they might have for our sailing?

Bev

You could try C&A, but unless it's going to change whether you cruise, I would just assume they will have a party in a large venue with a very big screen.

We've done 3 super bowl cruises (all with our Patriots playing; how's that for some dumb luck) & hence decided to add it to our signature...

the oddest was onboard the Brilliance (in the Colony Club?) where our team played the Carolina Panthers...fans for our team were outnumbered about 5 to 1, ooo & those Panther fans really hated us...plotted to throw us overboard after the game...ooooo...and they were picking up the game from a UK signal...the game commentators knew very little about US football and called the game with constant references to you know...the "real football"...it was fun but annoying at times to us hard core American football fans...we all know EVERYTHING about our better football game of course.:D

Archived