Any packs from princess?

sherri3802

Have seen people mentioning receiving little packets-blue packets or whatever, before their cruise.

Now, I am booked ona princess cruise that leaves mid January. I paid off the cruise (via an online travel agent) well over a month ago.

I feel a bit like I am in a vacuum as we haven't received a thing-not so much as even a letter to say we are on the cruise.

We even seem to have to download all the info booklets ourselves and print out our own tickets?

Are we meant to get some sort of pack of documents on Princess cruises, or do we just turn up on the day and she'll be right?:D

I have no idea of what to expect.

Have seen people mentioning receiving little packets-blue packets or whatever, before their cruise.

Now, I am booked ona princess cruise that leaves mid January. I paid off the cruise (via an online travel agent) well over a month ago.

I feel a bit like I am in a vacuum as we haven't received a thing-not so much as even a letter to say we are on the cruise.

We even seem to have to download all the info booklets ourselves and print out our own tickets?

Are we meant to get some sort of pack of documents on Princess cruises, or do we just turn up on the day and she'll be right?:D

I have no idea of what to expect.

Hi Sherri,

You can certainly print off your own boarding passes. Depending on the T/A, they may also print copies of the same passes, and will be forwarding luggage tags and brochure(s). We received a Cruise Q&A brochure and a Shore Tour brochure. You can book tours via your personaliser, so if there is a Princess sold one that you want to do, don't wait for the booklet before booking. Depending on the T/A, they might also put your docs in one of their branded folders.

The blue pack is a P&O thing, that is also going to disappear in the upcoming months.

Hi Sherri,

Don't panic...Princess give you pretty much nothing...I just got printouts from my travel agent (and she printed them off the Princess site herself)... no little Princess folder to put them in (but my TA did give me a yellow folder). I did get a book of Aus/NZ shore tours though. And that was about it...

Thanks, guys, appreciate the info.

It is all a bit underwhelming. LOL

I know it is a digital do it yourself world but I guess I expected to get a boarding pass or a ticket or even a written confirmation of payment somewhere along the line. Or maybe even a thanks for choosing princess tours-here are some details of your cruise note. You never know, there is still time-just!!:)

Generally I get more feedback on ebay though than I have had after booking this cruise! LOL

Hi Sherri,

Just received ours a couple days ago: Printed travel summaries and "eTicket" boarding passes, done with a colour printer which is a nice touch - makes them look more "official" somehow. Also received luggage tags (2 each), "welcome" letter from Princess, government quarantine brochure, and shore excursions printed list / reservation form. All of that in a blue folder from the TA, plus large glossy Princess shore excursions booklet and cruise answer book in the envelope.

All in all a hefty enough bundle! :)

Thats right as Geoff and others have reported, with Princess you print out your boarding passes from Cruise Personaliser. Alll you get in the mail, a few weeks before you go are half a dozen luggage tags, a Q&A book, brochure with cruises in it and shore tours sheet, do not use that, I always prebook tours on cruise personaliser as soon as they are listed, generally 2or 3 months out from cruise date.

SO..you cannot do the doco dance with the Princess blue folder anymore, just do the Luggage tag dance!

I have a couple of dark blue Princess folders form earlier cruises, I can just re use them and still do the original proper doco dance !!!:D

We are with you there - Les,..:):)

we still have our nice blue Princess folders from 2002 and other early cruises, so we just pop all the emailed or printed docs into there, then they all seem more official somehow,...

... we have to laugh really, we go all over the world now with just a printed boarding pass and a passport, doesn't quite seem enough does it???...LOL...:D

Happy cruising everyone.. still no cabin number for our cruise in 8 weeks...looks like the lifeboat accommodation for us!!!:cool:

S&D

111_o2.gif.c877cb8499de5ab24b53ae5bfaf6c93a.gif

We are with you there - Les,..:):)

... we have to laugh really, we go all over the world now with just a printed boarding pass and a passport, doesn't quite seem enough does it???...LOL...:D

S&D

and now with these new electronic passports they don't even stamp them any more :(

I must of looked sad last time we were away when they didn't stamp my brand new fancy passport.... they took it back and put a stamp in there for me LOL....

Joanne

:p Well, something arrived yesterday. It wasn't a folder, just luggage tags and a couple of booklets-question and answer and shore excursions, plus a copy of the insurance policy. Plus our itinerary.

I really cannot for the life of me understand why all this was not sent out when we booked and paid our deposit.

It would have made more sense to give us time to look through the shore excursion booklets then.

Sending it all out just over a month before we leave is a bit late. As it was, i found the insurance had the wrong birth dates on it for both my husband and myself. Not sure it matters, except it makes me look older.:eek:

Even a note by snail mail, just to confirm things, when we booked would have been nice, because we booked online.

Ah well, it is all starting to seem real now. A month to go!

:p Well, something arrived yesterday. It wasn't a folder, just luggage tags and a couple of booklets-question and answer and shore excursions, plus a copy of the insurance policy. Plus our itinerary.

I really cannot for the life of me understand why all this was not sent out when we booked and paid our deposit.

It would have made more sense to give us time to look through the shore excursion booklets then.

Sending it all out just over a month before we leave is a bit late. As it was, i found the insurance had the wrong birth dates on it for both my husband and myself. Not sure it matters, except it makes me look older.:eek:

Even a note by snail mail, just to confirm things, when we booked would have been nice, because we booked online.

Ah well, it is all starting to seem real now. A month to go!

Hi Sherri,

I guess that following US protocol, where you can cancel a booking up to final payment and not lose your deposit, they will only forward the brochures and tags after final payment.

The shore tours can be viewed online and are available for booking through the personaliser from 120 days before cruising.

I agree that a travel insurance contract should of been sent when it was issued.

Archived