Spa Prices

RedSox5

I will be sailing in April, and I have never taken advantage of the spa on past cruises. How do the prices compare to prices on land? Has anyone ever gotten a manicure, pedicure, massage, etc... do you remember how much you paid? I'd love to treat myself, but we are a budget to some degree :p

I will be sailing in April, and I have never taken advantage of the spa on past cruises. How do the prices compare to prices on land? Has anyone ever gotten a manicure, pedicure, massage, etc... do you remember how much you paid? I'd love to treat myself, but we are a budget to some degree :p

On the Coral princess the prices are in my opinion, outrageous. :eek:

Most cruise lines use Steiner as their provider of spa/beauty salon services. Yes, their prices are outrageous. A manicure can run $40. A basic wash and set is double of what I pay here at home. A massage can go as high as $180.

the thing to remember is you are paying destination spa prices...not day spa. and lets face it, if you really want a treatment ....they have your full attention. I find the HAL prices are comparable to those at many all inclusive resorts, or destination spas. my concern is there qualifications. Frankly being in the industry, its easy to mistify people with atmosphere, but once you've had the treatment they have your money.

If you really want to treat yourself onboard, the best time to try is during a port day.

happy sailing

I was wondering if anyone knows the availability and cost of accupuncture on a cruise ship. Specifically, I will be on RCCL's Serenade of the Seas.

I have always wanted to try this, and I think vacation on a ship would be awesome, but I don't want to pay a fortune for it.

Thanks!

Sounds like I'll treat myself at home before we go, then...

Thanks, everyone.

I tried on board services (manicure and pedi) a few times but decided that I actually prefer getting spiffed up before I go--not only do my $$$ go further and I can get more done but I like starting my vacation that way. There is just nothing special about any of these services that you can't have done for less at home--and done equally as well.

RCCI does have accupuncture on their ships. But personally speaking, just like I wouldn't try teeth whitening on a cruise ship, I don't think I would entrust my body to just anyone for something like acupuncture. Not to mention, who wants something like that on a moving ship? OUCH Others might disagree on this and may have tried these things, but it's not for me.

• Administrators

The one area where "bargains" may be found for this is in spa "passes" for those ships with thalassotherapy pools, saunas, steam rooms, and so on. HAL has these and we thought the couples pass was a decent deal for the thermal suite. Other cruiselines offer similar passes -- frequently to limited access, adults only areas, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I was on the Star Princess in October in took MANY pictures of the spa prices, packages, and services...

You can view them on our personal website...

just go into the link below, then Karen's cruise corner, scroll down to the Star Princess...the spa album is labeled.

Once it's done loading ..you can click on the pictures to make them enlarge!

I'm sure these will answer all your questions..

K.

http://ourpassportstamps.com

Archived