gty room

lucygoosey

We are sailing Jan 4 booked a Quad inside. For about the last 5 weeks my room showed as a cat 11. Now it states a tba. And the room number of the cat 11 is now opened. When i try to book a quad all it shows are cat 11. What do you think? Everyone else got there docs but me.

If you've booked a guarantee, don't worry. They'll have a room for you somewhere on the ship that's at least the category you booked or higher. You won't be put into a lesser category--although some people are picky about cabin location and think that the cabins are not properly classified.

I booked our upcoming Century cruise a couple of weeks ago--just four weeks before we leave. Our cabin assignment did not show up until recently. We got one level higher than we could have been assigned, but still just an inside cabin. I am happy just to be able to take this cruise.

• Administrators
We are sailing Jan 4 booked a Quad inside. For about the last 5 weeks my room showed as a cat 11. Now it states a tba. And the room number of the cat 11 is now opened. When i try to book a quad all it shows are cat 11. What do you think? Everyone else got there docs but me.

I think you could be in a Quad anywhere on your ship inside or better (which is, um, anywhere on your ship). It would be exceptional (but lots of FUN!) if your inside cabin booking resulted in a Cat 11 assignment when all is said and done.

I'd keep in mind what you booked (the worst inside quad on the ship, potentially -- that really IS the bottom line) and consider anything other than that a great upgrade.

I will add I don't like booking guarantees for just that reason -- all you are truly guaranteed is the worst cabin in that category -- but I'm only human and I read upgrade stories and so I hope.... and if I'm not upgraded and in fact only get EXACTLY what I booked (the worst cabin in that class) I think I'd feel a bit bummed. I'd rather pay a bit more and get the assigned cabin I know I can be excited about, and still have the potential for upsell/upgrade calls.

As of right now my inside quad has turned into 2 different rooms. A balcony on deck 7 and one on deck 8. I called carnival and they said that is what they had to do because they had no quads left. We again have room numbers and our docks have been sent out. Let's hope it stays this way.:)

Archived