Recent Princess Suite Passengers and Wifi Internet

teachergal29

I will be sailing on the Golden Princess in 2 weeks and I am trying to find out if it is worth the trouble of taking my own laptop on this cruise. As a first time Princess suite guest, I know I will get free internet in the Internet Cafe using their computers. I was wondering if I would be able to use my own computer and wireless hot spots through out the ship as a suite perk. I know it says "no" on the Princess website, but I was wondering if it may have changed with all the new additions to the suite perks and the arrival of the Ruby Princess.

Thanks in advance for any insight one way or another.:)

Pam

I will be sailing on the Golden Princess in 2 weeks and I am trying to find out if it is worth the trouble of taking my own laptop on this cruise. As a first time Princess suite guest, I know I will get free internet in the Internet Cafe using their computers. I was wondering if I would be able to use my own computer and wireless hot spots through out the ship as a suite perk. I know it says "no" on the Princess website, but I was wondering if it may have changed with all the new additions to the suite perks and the arrival of the Ruby Princess.

Thanks in advance for any insight one way or another.:)

It's not so much as the arrival of the Ruby but rather a new Internet provider and system installed last Spring. It's being installed and rolled out throughout all of the ships. With the old system, you swiped your cruise card into a reader to access the Internet which is why you couldn't use the package for wi-fi. With the new system, you do an initial log in using your first initial, last name and cabin # and your PW is your birthdate, which you can then change immediately to something more personal. This system allows you to log into your Internet package using wi-fi on your own computer since you just go to the log-in page.

I'm pretty sure the Golden has been upgraded so that you can use your computer to log into the Internet. I'm not sure whether the Golden has been upgraded to allow you to use it in your cabin but you should be able to use it in the public areas, excluding the dining room(s).

Oh, this is what I was hoping for. I was hoping that they would indeed let suite passengers use their own computers and wifi in the designated areas. It says no in the list of perks on the Princess site, but I was hoping that was an old list and that with the improvements of the ships' internet capabilities that the wifi would be extended to suites too, not just Elite and higher. Thank you very much for the encouragement....:)

Archived