Formal Attire?

GeezLouise1

Does anyone know if it is possible to rent a tux on the QM2? We're going to be travelling with extremely small suitcases ( a few European destinations)and although my dh will have a dark suit packed, we're wondering if this might help resolve the issue. Of course he will bring his own formal shirts, etc. He's a tall, skinny guy - how careful are they with fittings, if they offer this service? Thanks for any help. :D

Does anyone know if it is possible to rent a tux on the QM2? We're going to be travelling with extremely small suitcases ( a few European destinations)and although my dh will have a dark suit packed, we're wondering if this might help resolve the issue. Of course he will bring his own formal shirts, etc. He's a tall, skinny guy - how careful are they with fittings, if they offer this service? Thanks for any help. :D

I know you are able to rent a tux on the QM2. I don't know however, how careful they are with their fittings, although I would bet they are fairly careful. I am sure there will be someone who can help with that.:)

They are good with fitting and have a tailor on board for any adjustments. It is a Moss Bros franchise so they do know what they are up to. I believe you can even reserve before you get on board through Cunard.com but don't quote me!

They are good with fitting and have a tailor on board for any adjustments. It is a Moss Bros franchise so they do know what they are up to. I believe you can even reserve before you get on board through Cunard.com but don't quote me!

Billet, I just noticed you're from Victoria. That's home for us too. Small world:)

The "reserve on board" is correct to my experience.

I recommend attending to this matter as soon as you can after boarding. My DH is on the short side of average and they did not have his size in coat. Yes, they cheerfully do alterations but it's one more thing to coordinate, as they send the tailor to your cabin. The end result was that the coat still looked long-ish. Not quite zoot suit material, thankfully!

I guess what I'm saying is, in terms of inventory, they have what they have and can't very well send out for more, mid-Atlantic.

That's Mr. Afloat to you!

Ok Ok, youse try to be nice, do youse get respect? Youse do not.

Bearly Afloat tonight you sleep wit de fishes den youse won't be afloat at all capice!

It is no coincidence that Gari and Godfather begin with the same letter.

G. icon6.gif

Ok Ok, youse try to be nice, do youse get respect? Youse do not.

Bearly Afloat tonight you sleep wit de fishes den youse won't be afloat at all capice!

It is no coincidence that Gari and Godfather begin with the same letter.

G. icon6.gif

I was merely alluding to the fact that there has been no formal introduction.

We were recently travelling for 4 weeks, prior to a QE2 TA crossing, and could only have 30lbs of luggage, in small bags, because of internal flights on small planes.

We had thought of renting a tuxedo for my husband, but decided that the cost was way too much for 4 nights, and that we would rather pay for the overweight. As it turned out I was able to squeeze his tux into the small bag, and we were only just overweight so didn't get charged. The tux looked awful when I got it out from the bottom of the bag, but we had it pressed when we got onboard, and it looked great for the rest of the crossing. I was also able to manage to pack all of my shoes so it worked out well in the end.

Have a wonderful trip!:)

Stains, unpleasant persistant stains. Waiters get hot you know.

Don't quite understand, Cap'n. You mean when the waiters get hot, they spill more food on their diners? Oh, I think I get it--it is harder to clean the white DJ than the black DJ?

Don't quite understand, Cap'n. You mean when the waiters get hot, they spill more food on their diners? Oh, I think I get it--it is harder to clean the white DJ than the black DJ?

It is more a case of the waiters wearing the white jackets. Which is a subtle dig at those who wear white outside the tropics.

Hello

In reference to your inquiry, tuxedo rentals are done onboard, we don't do prereservations. I've attached tuxedo information below:

Current Tuxedo Rental Prices – QM2

Tuxedo rentals are available onboard; we are unable to pre-reserve or take orders. Please note that shoes are not included. Prices are subject to change without notice - advise callers accordingly.

Black Tuxedo Packages # of Nights USD

1 night $85.00

2 night $125.00

3 night $170.00

4 night $210.00

5 night $250.00

Individual Items - Per Night Item USD

Black Jacket only $37.25

Dress Trousers $30.00

Dress Shirt

Normal collar - sizes 15 to 19

Wing collar - sizes 15 to 18 $16.95

Bow Tie $6.95

Cummerbund $10.00

Handkerchief $5.00

Waistcoat $18.50

Sizes - Availability (current as of May 27, 2005)

Jackets (size) Quantity Trousers (size) Quantity

38 S 1 30/29 2

38 R 4 30/31 3

38 L 2 30/33 1

40 S 2 32/29 4

40 R 4 32/31 4

40 L 2 32/33 4

40 XL 2 34/26 1

42 S 1 34/29 6

42 R 4 34/30 2

42 L 1 34/31 7

42 XL 3 34/32 6

44 S 3 34/33 3

44 R 5 34/34 2

44 L 3 36/29 4

44 XL 1 36/30 4

46XS 3 36/31 7

46 S 2 36/32 7

46 R 3 36/33 1

46 L 2 36/34 3

46XL 2 38/29 3

48XS 2 38/30 3

48 S 3 38/31 11

48 R 3 38/32 7

48 L 3 38/33 3

50XS 1 38/34 2

50 S 2 40/29 4

50 R 3 40/30 4

50 L 3 40/31 13

54R 2 40/32 1

40/33 3

42/29 1

42/31 9

42/33 4

44/29 1

44/30 1

44/31 1

44/32 2

46/31 2

48/29 3

48/31 2

48/33 TBA

Sincerely,

Debbie Moyle

Onboard Services Coordinator

Cunard Line Ltd

"The Most Famous Ocean Liners in the World"

Nobody would wear a white DJ outside of the tropics, would they?

Do the tropics have an inside and an outside?

Is it possible for example, to say, 'I'm just slipping into the tropics for a few minutes old boy, hand me my white jacket please'. I ask purely in a spirit of scientific enquiry you understand.

Gari

Hello

In reference to your inquiry, tuxedo rentals are done onboard, we don't do prereservations. I've attached tuxedo information below:

etc etc

"The Most Famous Ocean Liners in the World"

Dear Willy Paul, it has come to our attention that you have posted a full, concise, well-informed and sensible answer to a question on this board.

This sets an unwelcome precedent and is to be actively discouraged.

Kindly remember this for future posts. We have certain standards which must be rigidly adhered to at all times.

Yours faithfully for and on behalf of the standards committee

Gari.

Archived