Formal Attire?

GeezLouise1

Be careful what you wish for, in this case be very careful.

Gari.

I'll second that - be VERY VERY VERY VERY careful!!!

By the way, X-Press, if you're coming to dear little olde UK, there's an orange cat on this board who could, for a very small (indeed trivial) financial remuneration, arrange for you to have dinner with the Queen in Buck House. That, I would have thought, would be sufficient to justify carting the old DJ around with you. ;)

J

By the way, X-Press, if you're coming to dear little olde UK, there's an orange cat on this board who could, for a very small (indeed trivial) financial remuneration, arrange for you to have dinner with the Queen in Buck House. That, I would have thought, would be sufficient to justify carting the old DJ around with you. ;)

J

Indeed, dinner with a queen can be arranged, so lugging the tux would be well and truly justified.

Sir Martin:cool:

Disclaimer: the meaning of 'trivial' may vary between countries

Garigoun:

Sorry for the precise information. In the future when I have a choice of information or misinformation I will think long and hard before I chose what to post.

see you on board in 19 days.

I did really appreciate the precise information, however. Many thanks for taking the time to respond. :D I did hear back from customer services as well - same info, less detail. The longest trousers available should come almost to the top of dh's socks. Not a cool look. Alas.

Try hanging it in the wardrobe/closet. Or leave it in the suitcase. Why is it such a big deal. It is a suit. :D

T'is just a suit. But we'll be away from home for a little more than 5 weeks, with a variety of climates to pack for as well. Dragging luggage around trains, airports, and cross country is not fun. Dh won't be able to manage my luggage if he has too much of his own to take care of.:p Tux rental just sounded like an easy way out. The shoes alone are size 12's. I should have considered all this when I married him;).

T'is just a suit. But we'll be away from home for a little more than 5 weeks, with a variety of climates to pack for as well. Dragging luggage around trains, airports, and cross country is not fun. Dh won't be able to manage my luggage if he has too much of his own to take care of.:p Tux rental just sounded like an easy way out. The shoes alone are size 12's. I should have considered all this when I married him;).

Louise, have you considered a pair of black trousers which can just be trousers but on formal nights, add a dinner jacket and nobody would ever know. Half the extra baggage to lug around and the trousers can be worn on many other occasions on the ship and during the holiday. You do need to get the right black if you know what I mean so it matches as best as poss.

Jim

Louise, have you considered a pair of black trousers which can just be trousers but on formal nights, add a dinner jacket and nobody would ever know. Half the extra baggage to lug around and the trousers can be worn on many other occasions on the ship and during the holiday. You do need to get the right black if you know what I mean so it matches as best as poss.

Jim

Failing all that do you have time to get rid of the present Mr. Geeselouise

and aquire another of a more reasonable size? Try thinking laterally my dear.

Gari

Jim

Sound fashion advice! Thanks. I'm sure his dark suit will be fine.

Failing all that do you have time to get rid of the present Mr. Geeselouise

and aquire another of a more reasonable size? Try thinking laterally my dear.

Gari

Oh yes, the thought has laterally crossed my mind! However I've rationalized it by admitting that he's darned convenient to have around when the wine glasses are in the top shelf. But I will keep your sage advice in mind when I choose my next husband.

Archived