Help! sold out!

tinkerbell333

Our cruise is waitlisted for all catagories. We have a family of 3 who need a room. What are the chances of getting a room? Is there somewhere people post when they have to cancel a room that we could get or is that possible? Ideas anyone?

What cruise and when are you sailing

Our cruise is waitlisted for all catagories. We have a family of 3 who need a room. What are the chances of getting a room? Is there somewhere people post when they have to cancel a room that we could get or is that possible? Ideas anyone?

If the cruise is waitlist only, and the family of 3 is not already on the waitlist, I would say your chances are very slim (to non-existent) that there will be a stateroom open up for this sailing. Waitlist means others have put their name on a waitlist and they would receive the next stateroom available. Even finding a site that listed those who might be cancelling wouldn't help you at all.

Best of Luck, I hope there is an opening, but I sure wouldn't count on it.

My first question would be when do you sail? If your cruise is past final payment (departures between now and the end of February), the chances of cancellations are not good. Have you tried calling some TA's? They may have a block reserved and not yet sold.

As Toto says, if the ship is wait list only, that means that there are people ahead of you waiting for a cabin. You will not be able to jump ahead of someone already on the wait list. Also, something to consider is that even if a cabin were to become available, they may not be able to accommodate three people in a cabin because there is a limit to the number of passengers allowed on the ship regardless of whether there is an extra bed in the cabin. It has to do with available spaces in the lifeboats.

As Toto says, if the ship is wait list only, that means that there are people ahead of you waiting for a cabin. You will not be able to jump ahead of someone already on the wait list. Also, something to consider is that even if a cabin were to become available, they may not be able to accommodate three people in a cabin because there is a limit to the number of passengers allowed on the ship regardless of whether there is an extra bed in the cabin. It has to do with available spaces in the lifeboats.

Also depends how far out too.

When you are waitlisted you can possibly have a room up until a few days before sailing. Be prepared to be able to sail on short notice. Hope this will happen you you. keep your options open and PRAY.

Where would I find a list of TAs to check with about their availability?

Thats hit and miss, you just have to look around. There are no lists like this available. But if ALL the categories are showing waitlisted, my guess is there are no cabins lef to be had with any TA.

If they aren't sold out, they will show 'guarantee only', waitlist means there are NONE. :(

Where would I find a list of TAs to check with about their availability?

It is against board rules for anyone to suggest where you can get a list. Travel agents or agencies cannot be mentioned on the boards.

Toto is right - if the ship is waitlisted and it is beyond final payment, agencies have had to turn in any remaining cabins they may have been holding - no agents will have cabins available for you to book.

Unfortunately, this is why booking way in advance is a good idea.

By checking their roll call posts, it seems they are booked on the Crown January 4, very close!

If they are that close......there is a slim chance of cancellation to open up a cabin in whichever category they are waitlisted.

It would not be possible for someone to sublet a stateroom to you, if that's what you mean. in order for a cabin to be reserved there must be at least one name n the booking. if you cancel all original passengers, whether that be 1,2,3 or 4, the booking automatically cancels itself.

We have waitlisted many times and had cabins assigned up to 2 days prior to the cruise. Always cleared the waitlist. :)

I thought they don't cut it that close anymore because they need to provide full lists of names of people on the ship before a couple of days. I would think that arranging flights and the cost of booking air a couple days before would be tough and prohibitive. If I ever got waitlisted, I'd book an alternate cruise and wait until final payment on the alternate cruise before deciding course of action.

I thought they don't cut it that close anymore because they need to provide full lists of names of people on the ship before a couple of days. I would think that arranging flights and the cost of booking air a couple days before would be tough and prohibitive. If I ever got waitlisted, I'd book an alternate cruise and wait until final payment on the alternate cruise before deciding course of action.

I thought so too, but on the Emerald last October (first cruise from FLL after being built) we waitlisted, I took a chance and had the air already purchased a week or two prior. The ship sailed Sat and the Yield/inventory dept called me late thurs afternoon to confirm. :D

It was close though.

If I could make a suggestion? If you're able to bump out your travel to February, the Crown sailings then still currently have availability. At least then you could get a confirmed reservation and not sit there wondering if you'll be going or not.

Good luck!

I thought so too, but on the Emerald last October (first cruise from FLL after being built) we waitlisted, I took a chance and had the air already purchased a week or two prior. The ship sailed Sat and the Yield/inventory dept called me late thurs afternoon to confirm. :D

It was close though.

I assume you mean October 2007, right? The new Homeland Security regulation that all passenger manifests must be submitted 48 hours prior to sailing was implemented only recently.

Archived