Auckland, NZ Airport

margord

Thanks os much for the information. I do have another question. It states:

Automatic Teller Machines (ATMs) are throughout the international and domestic terminals. These ATMs accept VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Diners Club cards and all Plus cards.

Do they except normal bank cards or just those credit cards?

Do they except normal bank cards or just those credit cards?

Depends what you mean by normal!

They will be the same as anywhere else in the world,and in your home town.

My understanding is that as long as your card and the machine have the plus sign it will be OK.

visa-plus_150dpi.jpg

You should have a 4 digit PIN. Some machines won't work with longer ones. As a safeguard, your bank should reprogram your card before you leave just in case. Machines are on the wall just after you come out of customs. have fun!

Ours is a 4 digit pin, thanks. Also, thanks for the great directions to the ATM machine.

We have a 7 hour layover in Auckland. Is it possible to find something interesting to do in the airport area during this time? We'll be waiting to board a flight back to Los Angeles, so we really don't want to simply sit for this extra 7 hours. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

We have a 7 hour layover in Auckland. Is it possible to find something interesting to do in the airport area during this time? We'll be waiting to board a flight back to Los Angeles, so we really don't want to simply sit for this extra 7 hours. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry, I have no idea as it will be my first time there. I just wanted to suggest that you might want to post this as a new question so more people will see it.

We have a 7 hour layover in Auckland. Is it possible to find something interesting to do in the airport area during this time? We'll be waiting to board a flight back to Los Angeles, so we really don't want to simply sit for this extra 7 hours.
On the assumption that your luggage will be checked through, there is almost certainly enough time to go into the city to sightsee for a bit.

There is a mini-golf course and a butterfly park both on the airport property.

Suggest that you hire transportation to pick you up at the airport, drive you to some sights in and around Auckland and GET YOU BACK to the airport in plenty of time for your flight. Although 7 hours sounds like a long time to sit around the airport (and it is!), it could be scary to get caught in traffic and end up missing your plane. Good luck - Auckland is fun to visit so hope you get to spend a few hours looking around.

A little off subject

We just flew out of Aukland on December 24th.

Be careful of the weight of your carry-on.

Weight is to be 8 kilos ( 18 lb. )or less.

DW and I had to unpack ours and put things into our checked luggage.

What airline were you on? We are on Qantas back to LAX from Auckland and ours would be a lot heavier than that. Did you fly the same airline in?

The first ATM for arriving passengers is about 5 metres on the left hand side of the "arrivals" door in to the public area. It is a Bank of New Zealand machine.

Enjoy NZ. We have for the last 34 years!!!!!

Expats.

Archived