OBCs used for gratuities?

ehogan

Sure, it's your money, spend it as you please. If you have more OBC than you can spend, you will get a check for it at the end of the cruise.

We just finished a cruise where we used our OBCs. Their policy is not to issue a check/credit for unused OBCs. We were made aware of it the second day when they left our OBCs under the door. I asked at the purser's desk & was told "use them or lose them"

Don't take this board's word for it. Ask your PVP, your travel agent, or call if you are planning on a OBC refund.

Under the door? In what form? Any OBC I've rec'd on previous cruises were applied directly to my S&S account.

Cotton: I'm going to take a guess here . . .

Perhaps they are referring to the small notice that is given to advise about an OBC for that sailing. The form is identical to the one when you have a gift or something from the Bon Voyage department. It lists the 'gift' as Onboard Credit for $x, and the 'sender' is Carnival Cruise Lines.

That's what I've received in my cabin, or outside in the hallway mailbox for my last several sailings. For my last cruise it arrived on Day 2, rather than on embarkation day.

Again, just me guessing.

My OBC's have been lumped together with other monies (cash or travelers checks) on my S&S account. I don't know how the separate it, but I always get a check or go close out my account early and get the difference back of what is on the account.

We just finished a cruise where we used our OBCs. Their policy is not to issue a check/credit for unused OBCs. We were made aware of it the second day when they left our OBCs under the door. I asked at the purser's desk & was told "use them or lose them"

Don't take this board's word for it. Ask your PVP, your travel agent, or call if you are planning on a OBC refund.

I wonder when they changed it. We had a cruise in May and came home with a check for $137.00. This was on the Carnival Freedom.

Just curious what the OBC was for. I know that there are a couple of types, but I always though that when they were for money that you had actually paid carnival that if any of that was left it was returned to you, whereas if it was one that you got for some other reason you did not get it back.

Can you enlighten us some more.

Thanks

are different than if you put money on your S&S. I think the policy is they will not return the OBC for fuel if you don't spend it. But if you put money on your S&S they will return that. I don't have a clue how they separate it if you have both on your acct.

Archived