Flying is half the price now!!!!!!!!

katiecat

Has anyone ever got credit from airlines? I booked in May through

US Airways @ $968 a ticket now they are $534. The reason I'm sick over the price difference, others joined my group later and paid even more than I did. I should try for credit what would you do?

Thanks,

Lisa

My girlfriend changed her flight on South West. They issued a credit to you. We tried changing my boss' flight. U.S. Aiways charged us a $150.00 fee for changing the times for each ticket/ It depends on the airlines. He has first class tickets.

Checking some of my flights, one to South America decreased several hundred dollars. American made me pay the $200 change fee, but is also sending me a voucher that could cover a RT US flight.

Check the fares on the airline's website - they may be lower than what the agent tells you it is. American honored the web site fare.

We also had a large price drop last year. (we book the minute the flights open) I called the airline - had to pay a $75 pp change fee, but ended up netting $400 of vouchers after paying the $300 change fee. (4 of us) Was well worth it to use - helped offset yesterday's flight to Florida!!

If they won't give you a partial refund for the difference in price, ask if you can be upgraded to First Class. I'm flying Continental and I just upgraded to First Class for my flight down to Ft. Lauderdale in less than 2 weeks.

Following reading this thread I emailed Delta asking them the question: Our initial fare was $190 and now it is $114!!

I don't really understand what I am meant to do :D

Thank you for contacting us through delta.com. We are sorry for the delay in responding to your message.

Since airfares are subject to change without notice, our customers are encouraged to purchase their tickets when reservations are confirmed. If fares decrease, ticketed passengers may downgrade to the lower fare prior to departure of the originating flight as long as all restrictions of the new reduced fare are met. This includes advance ticketing, and no changes are allowed to the flight, date, or origin. The downgrade will require that your ticket be reissued.

Anytime we reissue a ticket, an administrative service charge will apply. A nonrefundable Delta Travel Voucher will be issued for any difference beyond the associated administrative service charge. When your ticket involves International travel, the administrative service charge assessed will be the same amount of the change fee associated with the fare being downgraded.

Again, thank you for writing. We appreciate your selection of Delta and will always welcome the opportunity to be of service.

Thanks for any help.

Beryl

Archived