Travel Channel 10:00pm - Norwegian Pearl - Dec. 21st (Sunday night)

lovelights

Anyone Know if Rogers Cable in Canada carries the Travel Channel?

I think you can subscribe to the travel channel via Rogers, but it's the canadian version and it's not showing the Pearl tonight. I'm hoping someone posts it on the Internet (like a torrent) so that we can watch it too!

so we hope the power doesn't go out from ice on lines. Same for you too

Thanx! Tivo is set. It will be welcome as snow, sleet and freezing rain is falling here in PA - again.... It will be nice to dream of warmth and cruising while the roads get worse and worse for my morning commute:(!

Anyone Know if Rogers Cable in Canada carries the Travel Channel?

If it is anything like cable companies here in the states, the actual channel lineup varies by local area. Same company has different lineups in different cities.

I am assuming YOU are in Canada, eh? Most companies have an online listing, and some have a listing on one of their channels showing all the channels.

Just saw it. It was okay. I would have liked to see more of the ship and crew! It was more focused on Alaska. I am looking forward to the next one that was filmed on the Pearl in Nov. (A Day in the Life of a Cruise Ship....or something like that).:D

You get to see A LOT of Miss Universe though.:rolleyes:

Just viewed the show and I was disappointed. It really didn't show off the Pearl to its best advantage. We just got off the Pearl a week go today and the show didn't really show the Summer Palace or Indigo restaurants or the inside of the Garden Buffet. The hostess of the show buying souvenirs in a port really was a waste of time. We are going on the Star to Alaska in late May so it was nice to see some of the ports although the Star doesn't go to Glacier Bay. Anyone else see the show?

Just viewed the show and I was disappointed. It really didn't show off the Pearl to its best advantage. We just got off the Pearl a week go today and the show didn't really show the Summer Palace or Indigo restaurants or the inside of the Garden Buffet. The hostess of the show buying souvenirs in a port really was a waste of time. We are going on the Star to Alaska in late May so it was nice to see some of the ports although the Star doesn't go to Glacier Bay. Anyone else see the show?

The hostess buying the souveniers was deja vu. I swear I remember seeing that part in another Travel Channel show. In fact, a lot seemed to be familiar.

Its almost like they assembled a lot of past footage and then parcelled in the Pearl. Sort of cheap in terms of production costs. Used past footage and have NCL pick up the costs of the actual ship promotion.

Next weeks might be better since its supposed to be behind the scenes thing but again how much of it was canned production stuff vs. real remains to be seen.

Not very good in our humble opionion, at least not as good as it was hyped up to be.

It was okay. I would have liked to see Sam Brown instead. I would also have like to see more of the ship and less of the ports. We live near Seattle and watched the Pearl leave port this summer for Alaska. I really wanted to be on the ship, but not going to AK. Also saw a Princess and HAL leave that day. Pretty cool.

I had been looking forward to this since first heard about it here on CC and I really was so disappointed. First and foremost I found the host really annoying! :eek: Is it just me but does anyone really care what souveniers she wanted to buy? :rolleyes: They had a whole hour that could have been filled with so many things to talk about. If they had covered half of what I have learned here it would have taken much longer than an hour. For this I canceled my DH (desperate housewives)!!! GRRR :mad:

Archived