Looking for NEWS on VOYAGER-Galveston!!!

TEXASMUNK

The hotel director and DW traded emails a few times last March working on some of the Horns delivery items.

Hoping it is the same Hotel Director we will have...

Rancher Dave, you seem to be somewhat well connected to the folks at RCI and the Voyager, so if you're currently trading emails with any personnel on the ship or on your sailing next week relay that we'd like for them to get FOX Sports for the week of the 4th.

I know you're a UT Grad as am I, but the DW is an Ohio State Grad and we'd love to see the game while we're at sea (I think they'd do it since it's the BCS and the ship is predominently Texan - but you never know). Any chance you could bird dog that for us Longhorn Faithful!!

This also goes for that game on the 8th that UT should be in, I'm brining some Fla Gator gear to cheer them on to beat ou!!!

Hook 'em!

We are booked on the Voyager for the March 1st sailing.

I have late seating, and I like the idea of the 8:00 seating time instead of the 8:30.

This will be my first cruise (out of 5) where we did not sail out in the summer.

In March, I realize it may still be pretty chilly outside. Are there fewer people on the pool or sun decks for the sail away during the cooler months? Do more people just go to their balconies?

If I remember correctly from last year, the dining times of 5:30 and 8:00 were started as a compromise because many people wanted early dining and were unable to get it. They moved the late dining up so the people who had to have late could eat a bit earlier.

This will be the fifth year in a row we've cruised in March, and the weather's been great for us. It tends to be windy in March and that has caused some problems with ports a couple times, but for the most part we've had nice sunny days and it's been warm without being terribly hot.

Benny? He was great on the TA. He even participated in the belly flop contest. VERY friendly guy.

Was hoping for Gordon. He told me in March he thought he would be back home with his wife...apparently he will be. He is from the USA, used to work in RCCL HR department, and is married to a Thai lady...very neat guy to visit with.

As for Football, yes really one or two plays differently and UT would be in the Championship game not UofO. They are big enough games I expect you will be able to see them.

The whole time UT was driving for the final touchdown in the Tech game hubby kept saying "they are scoring too quickly, they need to use more time." If they had used the full 25 seconds between plays, we'd be in Florida instead of Arizona. Oh well, probably saved a couple of thousand in travel expenses to Florida. A good excuse to upgrade to a balcony on the next two trans-Atlantic voyages.

On the trans-Atlantic they looped the (September) San Diego/Oakland game for two full days on ESPN on the ship. When they got bored with that, they looped the history of soccer. Even when we got to Miami, no football or basketball--just soccer and a little rugby. Hubby and friends were hot footing it to internet cafes all along the way to find out scores. Hopefully, it will be better for y'all.

Tucker in Texas

The whole time UT was driving for the final touchdown in the Tech game hubby kept saying "they are scoring too quickly, they need to use more time." If they had used the full 25 seconds between plays, we'd be in Florida instead of Arizona. Oh well, probably saved a couple of thousand in travel expenses to Florida. A good excuse to upgrade to a balcony on the next two trans-Atlantic voyages.

On the trans-Atlantic they looped the (September) San Diego/Oakland game for two full days on ESPN on the ship. When they got bored with that, they looped the history of soccer. Even when we got to Miami, no football or basketball--just soccer and a little rugby. Hubby and friends were hot footing it to internet cafes all along the way to find out scores. Hopefully, it will be better for y'all.

Tucker in Texas

Certainly a lot of "what if's" for that game! But if the real UT team had shown up for the first 2 and 1/2 quarters it wouldn't have been a question at all..so be it in NCAAF on any given saturday.

I've gotten UT v ou on the ship before and most ESPN/ABC games, but since this is on FOX Sports that's my concern. I know they get FOX News on the ship, so I'm thinking it's a safe bet they can direct that little satellite to get FOX Sports..last thing I want to be watching is Cricket matches from Pakistan that night! I know they tried hard to get some other ESPN/ABC games on the Radiance in November, but since we were near the equator it made it difficult. Since we'll be out in the Gulf of Mexico I don't think it will be as much of a problem (fingers crossed).

Oh well - Merry Christmas to all and Hook 'em Horns!!

For the dw - go bucks!

Certainly a lot of "what if's" for that game! But if the real UT team had shown up for the first 2 and 1/2 quarters it wouldn't have been a question at all..so be it in NCAAF on any given saturday.

I have said pretty much the same thing. We did not play to win that one as hard as we should/could have!!!!:( Tech wanted that one the wHOLE game. I do feel sorry for the kid that dropped the "interception" tho.

Merry Christmas & hook 'em horns:D

Not the players fault, coaching error! Kill the clock!

OR

UT could have STOOPED to being a low life and RUN up the score in every game (like another coach did), even after the OU QB hurt his wrist, he left him in to run up the score.

45-35

Merry Christmas

OR

UT could have STOOPED to being a low life and RUN up the score in every game (like another coach did), even after the OU QB hurt his wrist, he left him in to run up the score.

45-35

Merry Christmas

that was a good one & I said the same exact thing. But oh welll, there is always NEXT YEAR! (that's what my Aggie friends are saying anyway);):p:D

Hey I'll even say Merry Christmas Red Raiders & Aggies & Sooners too.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all & to all a good Bowl Game ;)

Some additional information from our cruise (Dec. 14-21)

We also rode horse in Roatan using Dorca-- and my daughter was very happy riding Trigger. However, being from West Texas and use to horses, I thought the horses in Honduras were somewhat on the small side.

Regarding our bump in Portofino because of the Mystery Dinner and Wine and Dine experience, we did not have any prior notice and only found out about the problem because I went to Portofino as soon as I boarded to confirm my reservations. However, after two meetings with Portofino personnel, I was able to get a seating on Friday for my group.

And finally, about football on TV. We were treated to two different nights of Cowboy football with the game being shown in the La Scala Theatre on the big screen. Great for all the football fans. Hopefully others will also enjoy football games while on board.

Oh well - Merry Christmas to all and Hook 'em Horns!!

Yes that is very true. I was concerned after the first couple of quarters that it was not looking pretty...

My TT friends agreed a bit stronger showing from the start and it could have been really bad for TT.

Its still possible neither team in the championship will end the season ranked #1...depends on how the games go etc...

PS

While Richard was on the ship, he heard a "snippet" of a name of the new head coach at Auburn and thought it was UT's defensive coach that had just signed an extension, given a huge raise and the promise to take over for Mack when he retires saying how much he loved UT, loved Austin, his family loved Austin, etc. I can't tell you the misery that boy was in until he could get to an internet cafe to check it out.

Tucker in Texas

PS

While Richard was on the ship, he heard a "snippet" of a name of the new head coach at Auburn and thought it was UT's defensive coach that had just signed an extension, given a huge raise and the promise to take over for Mack when he retires saying how much he loved UT, loved Austin, his family loved Austin, etc. I can't tell you the misery that boy was in until he could get to an internet cafe to check it out.

Tucker in Texas

So true - I was on the radiance in November when the annoncement that Muschamp was staying at UT (email from friend) and could not wait to get to the Austin American Statesman website to read all about it - was a bit of a scare about Auburn, but ended up being the former Defensive Coordinator...

On another note it was nice to hear about putting the game on a big screen, that bodes well for our cruise during the UT and ou games.

I also found the internet on that particular cruise to be much more efficient than past cruises, hopefully the same will occur on the Voyager!

OR

45-35

Merry Christmas

There's No crying in football!

Any information on the Talent Show onboard??

Did they have a minimum age for participation?

Thanks.

Your girls are young enough for the Family Talent Show, at least the younger one is...the older one I think may be ok as well.

DD loves the family talent show.

The computers on our voyage were not the best. Slow and then they would lose the satellite just about the time you got to where you wanted to go. I think they are like 75 cents a minute. However, my friend did manage to get is boarding pass within five minutes so sometimes they speed up. Much cheaper and easier to find internet cafes in port.

Tucker in Texas--who knows where internet cafes are located in Cartagena, Las Palmas, Madeira, Nassau and Miami (lol)

The computers on our voyage were not the best. Slow and then they would lose the satellite just about the time you got to where you wanted to go. I think they are like 75 cents a minute. However, my friend did manage to get is boarding pass within five minutes so sometimes they speed up. Much cheaper and easier to find internet cafes in port.

Tucker in Texas--who knows where internet cafes are located in Cartagena, Las Palmas, Madeira, Nassau and Miami (lol)

Hi Owen..

I went ashore at every port and, found computers to use,

except in one port... (A wet Sunday in Cartagena, I remember.)

Sometimes, it was a challenge but, like a good detective, I found them. ;)

Archived