To call or not to call?

Embre

Hey quick question. Sailing on the liberty Jan. 17th, finally able to view my eDocs....but my fuel suppliment refund obc doesn't show as having been applied. I have yet to recieve any notice from Carnival regarding the refund. Should I call, or is it to early yet to pester them about it?

Hey quick question. Sailing on the liberty Jan. 17th, finally able to view my eDocs....but my fuel suppliment refund obc doesn't show as having been applied. I have yet to recieve any notice from Carnival regarding the refund. Should I call, or is it to early yet to pester them about it?

.....she told me they were doing the refunds 3 months at a time. My August cruises won't be reimbursed for a couple of months yet.

:eek:

wasiii

We also cruise Jan. 17. Our TA indicated she received an email from Carnival stating we would be getting the refund, but it does not show up on our edocs either. I read on another thread that it may not actually show up on the docs, but it will be there on the ship. I plan to take a copy of the email for proof just in case.

It may just show on your S & S account once your board!!:p

If it doesn't, then I'd give them a call after the cruise, or check at the purser's desk..:D

.....she told me they were doing the refunds 3 months at a time. My August cruises won't be reimbursed for a couple of months yet.

:eek:

wasiii

Really?? I was going to call a TA back if it wasnt posted this week for late in 2009, for a fully paid off cruise. You serious, they arent going to refund me for a month or even more now?

Our TA showed us a listing last week that Carnival sent her regarding all her bookings that will receive OBC's and a seperate list of those who have not made final payment yet so that they could substract the amount before payment is made. Our name was on the OBC listing as we are sailing Jan 10.

I'm not sure that it will appear anywhere before you get on the ship. You can call, it is certainly not too early but I'm not sure you accomplish anything. Either everyone on the ship gets the credit or no one does and the purser's desk can take care of it when you are on board.

We sail in 12 days and haven't gotten any notice nor is it on my docs - so it may just not show up until you are onboard. We booked directly through our PVP so it's not a TA holding us up. The only reason I know about the refund is the boards here.

I was told by Carnival that if you booked through a TA - you will never see your OBC online. You must have a statement from your TA (which they get from Carnival) that states the OBC is applied to your booking.

Doesn't make much since since they will let you do e-docs when you book with a TA but I have my statement and it's printed to have in case it doesn't show up once onboard.

Either everyone on the ship gets the credit or no one does and the purser's desk can take care of it when you are on board.

Some passengers on the sailing might not have anything due back to them, as they had paid no fuel surcharge to begin with. I'm one of those people on a couple of upcoming cruises.

I'm sailing on Feb. 8th and they charged the fuel suppliment back to my CC.....You will not get OBC if you have not paid your final payment.....They will just not charge you on your final payment........Dennis

Archived