Grand Epernay DR on Solstice

fitzie39

There were plenty of tables for 2 but the majority of them were tucked very very close together (ie: rows of them only about 2 ft apart). We had a wonderful table for two near the bottom of the stairs. We also saw nice tables near the wine rack and at the top of the stairs around the balcony. We did call the dining requests number and requested the table by the wine rack. We mentioned that we didnt like sitting directly next to another table. We didnt get the one by the wine rack but we did sit by the bottom of the stairs (which was great because it was surrounded by round tables and we felt like we had plenty of room around us! Good luck!

Anyone have access to a seating chart? We sail 11 January. Also, if anyone has suggestions as to location for tables for two, they would be appreciated. Thank you.

please come join your RC and the parties. it will add to the cruise for you.

My advice.. get onboard as early as you can and go immediately to the dining room. Once there, you can ask the Maitre D for your table #, go check it out and then add your name to the "long" list and wait for a table change if needed.

I noticed that most of the 2 party tables by the windows were fine but some were very close to the table of 6/8 next door. The best 2 party tables appeared to be on the 2nd floor near the "wine rack" along the balcony railing.. nice views and good spacing. We had table #421 which was on the 2nd floor port side and was next to a station like this (left table):

---------------

walkway

---------------

| x x|

| 0 0|

| x x|

---------------

walkway

---------------

So... you had a station with a frosted glass divider, the table then a nice space to walk through (not showing correctly here... but there is an aisle between the tables to walk through) and another table next to another frosted glass divider. Being next to the stations didn't bother us at all - we hardly knew there was a station there but your millage may vary.

I took some photos of other tables I thought were "good" for couples.. just let me know if you'd like me to post them - I'd be happy to.

Enjoy!

I noticed that most of the 2 party tables by the windows were fine but some were very close to the table of 6/8 next door. The best 2 party tables appeared to be on the 2nd floor near the "wine rack" along the balcony railing.. nice views and good spacing. We had table #421 which was on the 2nd floor port side and was next to a station like this (left table):

---------------

walkway

---------------

| x x|

| 0 0|

| x x|

---------------

walkway

---------------

Not sure what the x's and o's represent in your diagram. :confused:

Table 203 is for two (2). Location: behind the Captain Table and located beside the wine cellar. Great location.

Thank you all very much for the bits of advice...it will be helpful when we visit the dining room to arrange for a table.

It amazes me how so many are willing to help...kind of reinforces one's faith in human nature.

Happy New Year.

From the posted pics of the GE , the seats at the tables look like they almost touch each other--is the seating that close together?

also do the large supports obstruct views?

We'll be on board in a few weeks!!!! & we always check our table location to make sure we are assigned to the table size requested...usually 6 to 8......

From the posted pics of the GE , the seats at the tables look like they almost touch each other--is the seating that close together?

The seats are the same distance apart as all the Dining Rooms on X. They are no closer and no further apart. The pics are deceiving.:)

Archived