Ballroom dancing

hollins2007

I love to ballroom dance, and have searched on these forums as well as Carnival Connections boards for answers, but they seem to vary. I know they have clubs and dancing on Carnival ships, but I really want to ballroom dance (from dances like waltz, tango and foxtrot, to dances like cha cha, salsa, and swing). A couple that go to the same dance studio as me went on their first cruise (also Carnival) in November and they said they didn't really have ballroom dancing. However theirs was a 5-day cruise and the one I'm going on in January is 7 days.

I guess my question is will they have opportunities for ballroom dancing? Even if it's just a class? I want to bring my dance shoes on the cruise, but only if there's a good chance I'll actually use them.

And if they have ballroom dancing in the clubs, no one in my group does ballroom dancing... how normal is it for people to ask other people they don't know to dance? Would it be weird of me, as a woman, to ask someone to dance? I'm usually not so forward but I love dancing so much that I'll do it (actually I do it all the time at my dance studio during our "practice parties").

Thanks all in advance and Merry Christmas :)

I'v never seen ballroom dancing on Carnival, but I could have missed it. I have seen some older couples in one of the lounges doing some dances, could have been a tango or a fox trot kind. I dont think the venue is for any particular kind of dancing.

Come on the QM for the balls with me. I hear they have a black and white ball and one where you wear masks and another old fashioned one. Im looking for a dress for the black and white ball.

Hubby and I have been ballroom dancing for 15 years and always hope to find this music on our cruises. We find some ballroom music on each cruise.

I would bring your dancing shoes. You will find opportunity here and there.

On our last cruise on the Freedom there was a duo who sang in the atrium. They played songs that we were able to dance cha-cha, salsa, night club 2 step, east coast swing. We actually danced there almost every night. Problem is the dance floor is tiny. People cleared the floor for us one dance so we had room for a night club 2 step (big where we live in No. CA).

As someone mentioned there is opportunity at the Captain's party.

Around 9:00pm there tends to be a duo or band in one of the lounges who may play things like salsa if asked and know something with that beat.

Good luck and have fun.

I love to ballroom dance, and have searched on these forums as well as Carnival Connections boards for answers, but they seem to vary. I know they have clubs and dancing on Carnival ships, but I really want to ballroom dance (from dances like waltz, tango and foxtrot, to dances like cha cha, salsa, and swing). A couple that go to the same dance studio as me went on their first cruise (also Carnival) in November and they said they didn't really have ballroom dancing. However theirs was a 5-day cruise and the one I'm going on in January is 7 days.

I guess my question is will they have opportunities for ballroom dancing? Even if it's just a class? I want to bring my dance shoes on the cruise, but only if there's a good chance I'll actually use them.

And if they have ballroom dancing in the clubs, no one in my group does ballroom dancing... how normal is it for people to ask other people they don't know to dance? Would it be weird of me, as a woman, to ask someone to dance? I'm usually not so forward but I love dancing so much that I'll do it (actually I do it all the time at my dance studio during our "practice parties").

Thanks all in advance and Merry Christmas :)

You'll need to cruise on HAL or Cunard.....;);)

Archived