Need Info about Tahitian Suites

BayCalif-Ariz R Us

With apologies if this has been covered many times before, but we're veteran Princess cruisers but have never been on one of the smaller ships. We're currently booked for a BC balcony on the Tahitian - muy expensive incidentally. Are the balcony cabins on the Tahitian bigger than on the grand class ships? Also, they're dropping the price of the BF (obstructied view) balconies - has anyone stayed in one of them? If you've sailed on the Tahitian, we'd like to know where the best cabins are - and also what are the minis like? Thanks - Denise & Alan

With apologies if this has been covered many times before, but we're veteran Princess cruisers but have never been on one of the smaller ships. We're currently booked for a BC balcony on the Tahitian - muy expensive incidentally. Are the balcony cabins on the Tahitian bigger than on the grand class ships? Also, they're dropping the price of the BF (obstructied view) balconies - has anyone stayed in one of them? If you've sailed on the Tahitian, we'd like to know where the best cabins are - and also what are the minis like? Thanks - Denise & Alan

The minis on the Tahitian are larger than on the Grand Class, but they only have one TV whereas the Grand minis have two.

We're booked in a BC on the Pacific in March, which I think is about the same size as the Grand class balconies.

Are you on the 18 day or the 36 day? 36 day just dropped $1500 for their balcony.

BCs are very nice cabins...we have about 38 days in them so far. The one toward the aft of the ship have balcony opening that are deeper and provide a larger view of the water.

BFs (there are only a couple of each ship) and have an odd shaped opening of the balcony......if you look at photos of the ship, you will see what I mean about the BFs and the aft BCs.

Balconies for cabins along the sides of the Tahitian are not very deep. Those balconies are rather like the ones on the Sea and the Sun, if you are familiar with those ships - carved out of the hull with a railing set into the opening.

We were in a mini suite, and the balcony is wide, brcause of the more squarish shape of the cabin. We loved our Mini and the extra room it had.

I can get into my pictures and find the photos I took that show the depth of the balconies. I'll try to post them in a little while.

We love the mini suites on both the Tahitian and Pacific Princesses. We have spent quite a number of sailing days (at least 52 days) on both ships in these cabins and have a 31 day cruise booked for May, 2010 when the Tahitian will be the Ocean Princess.

We have also spent many days in a normal verandah cabin on both the Tahitian and Oceania's Nautica. If I had a choice and the budget allowed, I would definitely go for a mini.

They are quite roomy, the balcony is wide, though not deep and the bathroom has a bath unlike the normal verandah cabins which only have a shower.

Jennie

Thank you all so very much. I guess for the time being we will stay where we are - regular balcony cabin on the starboard side. It's just that there were substantial savings for the BF category (obstructed view) and I wanted to know just how obstructed the views were from those cabins at the back and front of the ship. But DH and I have surely enjoyed all the pictures and links you've posted. CC rocks!:cool:

Archived