7 day Ruby vs. 10 Emerald

IUFAN

My wife and I have been on 7 cruises. All of those were 7 day and now we are thinking about trying a 10 day. Is it safe to assume that there will be less spring breakers on the 10 day compared to the 7 day in March? Thanks in advance! I've enjoyed reading this board for quite some time and thought it was time to join.

My wife and I have been on 7 cruises. All of those were 7 day and now we are thinking about trying a 10 day. Is it safe to assume that there will be less spring breakers on the 10 day compared to the 7 day in March? Thanks in advance! I've enjoyed reading this board for quite some time and thought it was time to join.

No; no guarantee. Spring break is just that; break. There will be lots of kids on any cruise during those times whether it's a seven or a ten day cruise.

Can somebody who has been on both ships compare them?

The ships are basically identical, with one being about a year newer than the other...The Ruby was just launched a few weeks ago

Go for the 10 days.....nothing like unpacking for that lenght of time.

We did the Emerald 10 day last year in Nov and the alternate iteniary again in Feb. and loved both. We just got off the 7 day on the Ruby and while both ships are almost identical, and beautiful, I would most definately say do the 10 day if you have the time off. You just get used to the routine and lay of the ship on the 7 day and then it's time to pack up and leave. The 10 day ports on the Emerald are wonderful!

Enjoy!

Ruby has a reddish cast

Emerald is an off green in color...

All kidding aside take the 10 on the emerald. We did it this year and thought that was short. You go to all the trouble to get there and you may as well spend as much time as you can. 14 days are perfect... Unless your from Sudbury!

Ruby has a reddish cast

Emerald is an off green in color...

All kidding aside take the 10 on the emerald. We did it this year and thought that was short. You go to all the trouble to get there and you may as well spend as much time as you can. 14 days are perfect... Unless your from Sudbury!

20 beats 14 any day:D

I agree that 10 days is always better. I should have put the question like this: Is the 10 day worth $1100 more than the 7?

For one person? NO!! Look at the 14 day on the Grand in february - inside cabins are going for about $100 per day per person.

Ron

Can somebody who has been on both ships compare them?

Sure can. The ships are very similar but there are differences in interior decor. The Emerald is more overstated in design style than the Ruby. I'm not saying the Emerald is gaudy, just overstated, especially in Club Fusion. The Ruby wins my personal best of fleet Princess interior design award, hands down.

As far as chosing the Ruby or the Emerald I think the more important choice is what ports will these ships be stopping at. Pick the ports, then the ship.

Archived