The December Captain's Club Newsletter

Susan-M

The new Captain's Club newsletter has a nice story about a couple (the Henderson's) who have already taken five 14-day cruises on Azamara Quest and an upcoming one booked (lucky them!) ... I wonder if they are cruise critic members?

The newsletter also has savings of $300. on select sailings in 2009.

If this article is referring to the Hendersons we met on our Western Med cruise in September, they are a wonderful couple who brought a real joie de vivre to the cruise. We took a private tour with them on the Amalfi coast and had a wonderful day. I am sure anyone who has cruised with them will agree. And yes, they are Cruise Critic members - we first made contact with them on the Roll Call for our cruise.

If this article is referring to the Hendersons we met on our Western Med cruise in September, they are a wonderful couple who brought a real joie de vivre to the cruise.

Yes...it definitely sounds like the same couple, and if they are reading this, I would like to say 'congratulations' on the nice article...it sounds like it was well deserved!:)

Gosport & IXH - I couldn't find the newsletter on-line, just the special offers (I was hoping to cut and paste the article).

IXH - please don't let a few negative comments bother you. We had an amazing cruise on Quest in October and those who we spoke to on board agreed. Can't wait to cruise with Azamara again!!

I signed in at the Azamara Captain's Club site, but the link to the newsletter just gave me the special offers. There was no newsletter.

If the Hendersons are Kate and Steve, we know them too. They were on the roll call for our cruise last winter. We shared a great time on a catamaran that 12 of us chartered for a day of snorkeling and sailing.

If the Hendersons are Kate and Steve, we know them too.

Yes..it's them.:)

I received my CC newsletter via mail, in Canada. Hopefully Azamara will post it on their website as they do with Celebrity's newsletter, so that all members can see the newsletter and not just the offers.

IXH - please don't let a few negative comments bother you. We had an amazing cruise on Quest in October and those who we spoke to on board agreed. Can't wait to cruise with Azamara again!!

Thank you, Susan, but I'm truly not 'bothered'. I've been traveling in Latin American for 42 years, and a blown tire, imperfect tour, or less than perfectly cooked meat truly will not set me back. I'm looking forward to this cruise and intend to fully enjoy each day, whether it's a shore excursion day or a sea day. Each one will bring its joys and its challenges. I've lived too long to be bothered by silly details, including high spa prices. I've budgeted for those. Carpe diem!

The new Captain's Club newsletter has a nice story about a couple (the Henderson's) who have already taken five 14-day cruises on Azamara Quest and an upcoming one booked (lucky them!) ... I wonder if they are cruise critic members?

The newsletter also has savings of $300. on select sailings in 2009.

What do you need to do to receive these letters? Is this the same as the Celebrity Captains Club? I have not received anything from them either.

What do you need to do to receive these letters? Is this the same as the Celebrity Captains Club? I have not received anything from them either.

They may have only sent them so far to those who have cruised with Azamara ...my copy has a note on it (typed) saying, "thank you for sailing Europe on Azamara Quest." It also says that it is the first Azamara issue of CC news.

Celebrity's newsletters seem to go out randomly, and I'm not sure how they pick who receives them...it looks like Azamara is the same. Celebrity puts theirs online, so perhaps Azamara will as well.

Another item of interest in the newsletter is the announcement that "Azamara Cruises was recently voted "Best itineraries" in the Best-in-Class / Best Cruise Ships category, 2008 Cruise Critic Editor's Picks Awards." I wasn't able to find this in the Editor's Picks here, but maybe it's not posted yet.

Hi Susan !

We havent recieved anything from Azamara. I am very surprised how little they communicate, especially with past passengers. I hope they work towards doing a better job in this area.

As Cruise bookings are generally down for all lines in this awful economy, they should be sending out more marketing materials, and past passenger offers.... especially via email, as the costs are very low. On the bright side, I'm glad to see they have a newsletter this month. I will call them tomorrow to make sure we are on their mailing list.

Talking of marketing material, is there such a thing as an Azamara brochure? I have tried everything to get hold of one but the website link does not work and everything else [writing, emailing, telephoning] fails to produce one. I know it may be a tad old fashioned but we still like to look at hardcopy.

Seasons Greetings to all,

Sue

Talking of marketing material, is there such a thing as an Azamara brochure? I have tried everything to get hold of one but the website link does not work and everything else [writing, emailing, telephoning] fails to produce one. I know it may be a tad old fashioned but we still like to look at hardcopy.

Seasons Greetings to all,

Sue

Hi Project Gal !

There are Azamara brochures. I saw them a few weeks ago when I was onboard Solstice. I see you are in the UK, so you might want to try Azamara's website, or Call the UK office of Azamara (0800 018 2525). I hope this helps !

Hi Project Gal !

There are Azamara brochures. I saw them a few weeks ago when I was onboard Solstice. I see you are in the UK, so you might want to try Azamara's website, or Call the UK office of Azamara (0800 018 2525). I hope this helps !

Andy

Many thanks. We have to speak to our RCCI Cruise Consultant to organise our flights, etc. for next autumn's cruise and I will have ANOTHER try but I am beginning to wonder if there is no UK version of the brochure. The percentage of Brits reported to be on the last Quest Athens to Singapore was very low.

Sue

i saw a brochuer last year,it looked like it had been photostated,only a few pages but still something,i called in at a high street agent and they phoned even came with a hand written comps slip :):):) ps the agent phoned and the person that answered said WHO!!!!!

Aussieflyer,

We just received our Azamara newsletter today and we are just as excited to see Steve and Kate as you were... not sure if you remember us... we met at the cruise critic party. "Ayden"

It certainly brings back wonderful memories of the best cruise ever.

It made us want to book and sent us straight to the computer to check out the Azamara itineraries.

We leave in 19 days for an 11 day Celebrity cruise to the Southern Caribbean which is just what a couple of Canadians enjoy most in the middle of winter..... but we are always planning for the fall..

Hope you are well.

(Big hello to Steve and Kate if you see this....)

Wow, great to hear from you Ayden - from memory did you decide to leave the cruise in Livorno as you had a bad flight connection? You lucky thing leaving on a cruise again soon and to the Caribbean (it is so exotic for us Australians!). Have browsed the Azamara site a little since we got back - the prices are much higher than we paid (and we now have a rotten exchange rate) so we are staying in our own region for a little while! (Also the 23 hour flight is a bit of a turn off). Had an email from Steve - they are off to the Caribbean as well at the end of the month.

We did receive our Azamara newsletter a couple days ago. Our first Azamara cruise will be in Feb 2010. The letter mentioned similar Captain's Club benefits to those offered by Celebrity. I was hoping that an Azamara cruise would add to our Celebrity credits. Is this not the case, since Azamara now has it's own Captain's Club?

We did receive our Azamara newsletter a couple days ago. Our first Azamara cruise will be in Feb 2010. The letter mentioned similar Captain's Club benefits to those offered by Celebrity. I was hoping that an Azamara cruise would add to our Celebrity credits. Is this not the case, since Azamara now has it's own Captain's Club?

Hi Mike !

Azamara sailings will be added to your Captains Club credits. No worries. Happy New Year !

Archived