The December Captain's Club Newsletter

Susan-M

Yes we met Steve and Kate on our Western Med trip - they joined us on our private tour the last day in Livorno to go to Pisa, Villa Torrigiani and Lucca....we enjoyed their company so much!

I am in Canada and received my Azamara newsletter via regular mail - Dec. 29th

Hi CJ - You're at it again I see - more cruises booked through till 2010 (and I bet you add a couple more between now and then). Hope the TA you did in November was good and that you finally got over the bug you went down with after the Western Med. Say "Hi" to John!:) I don't think we will receive a copy of the newsletter here in Australia so if anyone can scan the newsletter or at least the article on Steve & Kate it and post it as a PDF attachment it would be great. Would love to see it. Last news was that Steve and Kate had not seen it either!

Susan- sent you an e-mail about the Asia trip.

Aussieflyer - ah, you caught me out - more trips booked! I love the reasearch end!! The Med trip was beautiful - fabulous weather during of the crossing of an average of 70 - 73 degrees, one day was colder, rainier, and a bit choppy, but overall fantastic...

One thing though - Azamara did a way better job of Meet and Greet than HAL - not that it was not nice - but Azamara's was much nicer - also since they are not set up on their website to register for cruise connections, someone must set up the M&G with Hospitality or some such - and supply them all the names and room numbers - as opposed to Azamara having this info once you register with your booking number.

will try to scan the item to Steve and Kate - I have their address.

One thing though - Azamara did a way better job of Meet and Greet than HAL - not that it was not nice - but Azamara's was much nicer - also since they are not set up on their website to register for cruise connections, someone must set up the M&G with Hospitality or some such - and supply them all the names and room numbers - as opposed to Azamara having this info once you register with your booking number.

will try to scan the item to Steve and Kate - I have their address.

I think it depends on the ship. Celebrity REFUSED to do a Meet & Greet on a 5 night cruise even though a long time cruiser phoned and we had 25 plus people. How hard would it have been to rope off an area and have coffee, tea, and cookies? Meanwhile on our last HAL cruise they had senior officers, passed appetizers & h'orderves, wine, mimosas, etc. On a recent cruise someone posted HAL had an entire chocolate bar complete with chocolate fountain.

Anyway, we are booked on Azamara Quest in Asia in 2010. Are there any links to reviews of this ship? The only Captains Club benefit I can find is that we can book the specialty restaurants in advance the past passenger reception., correct? I didn't see any discounts on the cruise. HAL offers past passengers a discount, although one can usually do better through a TA. Since Celebrity/RCCL does not allow discounting it would be nice if there was a past passenger discount, but I didn't see one.

The Azamara newsletter still isn't on-line on their website. Perhaps some e-mails to CaptainsClub@Celebrity.com might encourage them to do so, especially since so many Azamara clients haven't received it via regular mail. They put Celebrity's CC newsletter on-line, so they should be able to do the same with Azamara's.

Archived