LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

Who is "OMG man" ? I have a hunch I know what Carol is talking about but.......

Hmmm...not sure I want to know who OMG man is!! :eek:

Sorry about the s-l-o-w connection....I know how frustrating that is....its been that way forever!!

I guess posting pictures will be out of the question with a slow connection!

I have to get back on board soon, so this will be QUICK.

The internet was beyond slow. Slow would have been a welcome improvement.

Couldn't get on AT ALL last night.

Had a fantastic time. Bernard is fantastic.

Anyone else see "OMG man" at Orient Beach?!?!?!?!

So glad your enjoying your cruise!! Love following along!

I have to ask...Did you have any of Bernard's rum punch?????

Enjoying this thread, read all 57 pages in 2 days- wish we were with you!

We will be in St. Kitts in Dec onboard the Celebrity Equinox- can you please share more about your guide and what kind of tour you took here? We love to find a local guide that knows his/her business and not be crammed on a bus with 100 people on a ships tour.

Keep posting!

Bev

I think I might have a photo or two of OMG man floating around some place!:eek::D:p

If that means what I think it means, how did you get away taking a picture at Club O? Women are worse then men in checking out well endowed beings floating by on the beach.

Dirty old man here, fond memories of perky :)! and golden globes :D!! in Dec on our Explorer Holiday cruise.

If that means what I think it means, how did you get away taking a picture at Club O? Women are worse then men in checking out well endowed beings floating by on the beach.

Dirty old man here, fond memories of perky :)! and golden globes :D!! in Dec on our Explorer Holiday cruise.

Where there's a will, there's a way! But... I might have pictures of a different OMG man as mine was leisurely posing on the beach for all to see!:eek: He would swim in and out of the water, and as he exited the water,he would pose on the shore for everyone to view. He did this all through the day as if he was some type of tourist attraction. We sure did get an eyeful!:eek::D

And yes...women are just as bad as men...we sure did enjoy the show on Orient Beach and not all of it was pleasant. Some of it give us a great laugh!:)

Bobby Arvon as main entertainment - excellent.

Andrew the drummer now knows that he has a Fan Club. ;)

Glad you had a nice day with Bernard. This OMG on the beach...did Bernard pick this saying up from you or you from him?

Here is the e-mail Bernard sent me after your tour..

"Today we had a great day with these people from the mariner there was 48 of them, they had a ball when they saw OMG at the orient beach, they did not swim at the beach,majority of them had lunch in marigot and after we went to the airport where they saw the big planes land right over their head..it was a fun day."

Now for those that have met Bernard on your tour could you say some prayers for his son. I know some posters already know who have been on his tours and he gave me permission to post about it a while back. He was in a motorcycle accident. He was airlifted to Curacao. He still has a trach tube in, is alert now-able to be fed, only has minimal feeling in upper extremities, none in lower. Initially he was unresponsive and on the respirator. It is hard for Bernard I know. He is going twice a month to see his son. Needs to be in St Martin the rest of the time to work. There have been people who book tours and do not show up. This brings home that these tour guides depend on their work as their livelihood. So please keep Bernard's son in your thoughts and prayers. Bernard believes in miracles. Would love to see one for his son.

So glad your cruise is so wonderful. We are following right along with you.

Laura

Glad you had a nice day with Bernard. This OMG on the beach...did Bernard pick this saying up from you or you from him?

Here is the e-mail Bernard sent me after your tour..

"Today we had a great day with these people from the mariner there was 48 of them, they had a ball when they saw OMG at the orient beach, they did not swim at the beach,majority of them had lunch in marigot and after we went to the airport where they saw the big planes land right over their head..it was a fun day."

Now for those that have met Bernard on your tour could you say some prayers for his son. I know some posters already know who have been on his tours and he gave me permission to post about it a while back. He was in a motorcycle accident. He was airlifted to Curacao. He still has a trach tube in, is alert now-able to be fed, only has minimal feeling in upper extremities, none in lower. Initially he was unresponsive and on the respirator. It is hard for Bernard I know. He is going twice a month to see his son. Needs to be in St Martin the rest of the time to work. There have been people who book tours and do not show up. This brings home that these tour guides depend on their work as their livelihood. So please keep Bernard's son in your thoughts and prayers. Bernard believes in miracles. Would love to see one for his son.

So glad your cruise is so wonderful. We are following right along with you.

Laura

My heart goes out Bernard and to his son ... Bernard is a wonderful person, I've sent him an e-mail and will keep his son in my prayers. Jan

Carol ~ Can you find out if the My Time Dining will be in place on Mariner when we sail on April 19. I really want to try that and have read so much conflicting info about whether it will be in effect when we sail together in April

I read that you are at the same table as Paul & Judy so either one can post the info if you find out anything as I am following both threads.

Thanks MM :)

Now for those that have met Bernard on your tour could you say some prayers for his son. I know some posters already know who have been on his tours and he gave me permission to post about it a while back. He was in a motorcycle accident. He was airlifted to Curacao.

Any idea when this happened? I took his tour at the end of October. Sorry to hear this news.

Theron

Bobby Arvon as main entertainment - excellent.

Andrew the drummer now knows that he has a Fan Club. ;)

I heard about OMG man at Orient Beach. :eek::eek::eek::D

Any idea when this happened? I took his tour at the end of October. Sorry to hear this news.

Theron

He e-mailed me after he got back from the hospital in Curacao around Nov 18th. At that time I know they were not even sure if he would survive. It seems easier for him to talk about it now because he was so upset initially having to come back to St Martin and leave his son. With his son being alert and off the respirator that has helped. Paralysis and rehab is the biggest concern now. He had told me I could post about his son and ask for prayers but I was afraid to post it earlier thinking some people may cancel his tours worrying he may not have been there and I know medical bill wise that would have been a disaster. I know he has told some people on his tours. Looks like you were on his tour before. Bernard is very spiritual and I know he will appreciate the prayers. Laura

We were on Bernard's tour on Thanksgiving day. He never mentioned a thing but did seem a little preoccupied and not quite what I expected based on what I had read. Now I understand why. It was a wonderful tour none-the-less and well worth the money. We thoroughly enjoyed our day. His son will be in our thoughts and prayers.

We were on Bernard's tour on Thanksgiving day. He never mentioned a thing but did seem a little preoccupied and not quite what I expected based on what I had read. Now I understand why. It was a wonderful tour none-the-less and well worth the money. We thoroughly enjoyed our day. His son will be in our thoughts and prayers.

I am sure he was too upset then. Said he could not talk about it for a long time.

I don't want to take over this thread about Bernard but for all those that say prayers he will be ever so grateful. Laura

I have gotten word that the Internet connection onboard is almost non existent!!

There is a lot of frustration among those that want to communicate, and I hope that the IT folks have it fixed before long.

I'm sure that Carol is very frustrated as well........as this is something that she loves to do.................and we all love to hear from her.

I heard thru the grapevine that Bobbie invited the Divas and a few others to her cabin for pre dinner cocktails last night. How can that be......she only has wine!!:D:D

Looking forward to the ship having their problem fixed shortly!!

Rick

I have gotten word that the Internet connection onboard is almost non existent!!

There is a lot of frustration among those that want to communicate, and I hope that the IT folks have it fixed before long.

Looking forward to the ship having their problem fixed shortly!!

Rick

I too hope it gets fixed, it is a life line for me.

Miss Carol - sounds like you are having a wonderful time!! It is so fun to read your posts. Hopefully the internet will be back up and running faster soon.

Getting plans made for our Indy cruise - lots to do and reservations to make in France. Talked to Lorna a few days ago - she has been keeping me updated on your progress. Take care, miss you!! Mary

I too hope it gets fixed, it is a life line for me.

George..........that's a ditto for me! I have 4 messages that I have sent to Bobbie........that she has not picked up.

It' interesting when you have an email set up.......that we can both see.

It's also quirky when I'm able to receive messages from the ships officers, but not the guests.

Dave and I spent some time on the phone tonight. Looking forward to meeting you in Santiago!!

Rick

Archived