What color shoes with navy blue dress

TRAVELIN LADY

I agree that black isn't a good choice.

Metallics like silver, pewter, bronze, gold, copper would all work.

Depending on your style, and the style of the dress, a pair of raspberry colored patent leather peep toe pumps or slingbacks could really make the outfit zing!

I think it depends on the shoe. Silver would work if it is very strappy, otherwise the shoes would call too much attention. Pewter is my favorite color for shoes, so very versatile. Sometimes you can find navy blue that works, but unless you have other navy blue dresses, the shoes will only go with one outfit.

I like the raspberry idea, that sounds really pretty!

......................................................................................................

Totally OT, we have some wonderful raspberry colored womens computer totes right now. They are cute, quilted fabric with a touch of patent leather trim. If I had any reason to carry a computer tote, I'd do this in raspberry or navy :)

csjumbo.gif

OK, pic didn't work, here's the link if anyone is remotely interested:

http://www.coloradobaggage.com/cbc/product.asp?s_id=0&prod_name=Knomo+Bloomsbury+Collection+Siena+Casual+Shoulder+Bag+for+15%22+Laptops&pf_id=PAOHIDKJJPNEMFGG&dept_id=12383

I disagree with the dyed to match suggestion. It will make the outfir look like a recycled bridesmaid dress. It's also a very outdated look.

I agree with Happy Ks that pewter is a much better option than silver. It would more elegant.

Another option is a multi-colored snakeskin. I have a gorgeous small snakeskin bag that has a watercolor effect of purple/pink, raspberry and various blues and it would look great with a navy dress. I've seen some beautiful slingback shoes with this kind of look.

Also, these Manolo's are a classic design of his. If you like fine shoes, these would be an investment that you'd have for many years. Here they are in gold, but they come in all colors, including pewter.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod61500043&cmCat=search&searchType=MAIN&parentId=

shim.gif

Or, these Prada sandals are pewter/purple/pink and would look fab with a navy dress!

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod76020023&parentId=cat17930733&masterId=cat15470740&index=6&cmCat=cat000000cat000141cat13030734cat15470740cat17930733

shim.gif

Also, these Manolo's are a classic design of his. If you like fine shoes, these would be an investment that you'd have for many years. Here they are in gold, but they come in all colors, including pewter.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod61500043&cmCat=search&searchType=MAIN&parentId=

Aren't these the ones Carrie Bradshaw had to take off at a friends and then they were stolen?:D

Aren't these the ones Carrie Bradshaw had to take off at a friends and then they were stolen?:D

DING DING DING!!!! RIGHT ANSWER! :D:D

YUP! I was wondering if anyone would remember that?

See, they're a classic. How long ago was that episode? And they're still as new and fresh looking today, and will be in style for years to come. That's Manolo for ya'!

DING DING DING!!!! RIGHT ANSWER! :D:D

YUP! I was wondering if anyone would remember that?

See, they're a classic. How long ago was that episode? And they're still as new and fresh looking today, and will be in style for years to come. That's Manolo for ya'!

Those shoes are almost beyond words gorgeous.

LOVED how she got them back from the friend.;)

Silver would be beautiful with the navy. I have worn that before and love the way it looks. As the other posters have said, any of the metalics would look nice, but I would prefer silver with navy. I was thinking of that for New Year's Eve, as I get so tired of always wearing black. I bought these shoes for our last cruise, and enjoyed them so much, that I plan to wear them tomorrow night.

10202706_NewYearsEve004.jpg.05a137b5ab6da9e67ab8f780c294bf7d.jpg

993492095_NewYearsEve003.jpg.c858a05e89aecbc34e80f5b8a7cdafce.jpg

Archived