I have to complain about Norweigen. Something happened and I didn't like it.

A Sixth?

So what is your biggest problem with Norwegian? (BIG Smile!)  

336 members have voted

1. 1. So what is your biggest problem with Norwegian? (BIG Smile!)

• I was hungry and wasn't fed immediately.
    • I saw a sun bed I wanted but someone was on it.
    • It rained on a Tuesday that I really wanted sun
    • An elevator took a long time to fetch me
    • Someone on the staff looked kinda funny at me
    • I booked a cabin and got it, but I expected a Penthouse upgrade
    • A hurricane was the excuse for missing Fantasy Island. I loved that show
    • What the heck is all the whining about???!!!

The mc donald type dining....freestyle? free for all......keeps us from cruising with NCL:(

Guess you don't go out to dinner at home then. That's an exact analog to freestyle dining. Some of us refuse to be told when we must eat, with whom we must eat, where we must eat, and what we must wear while we eat. Summer camp is not our style.

During our last cruise to Bermuda, the captain refused to honor my one simple request while docked at St. George for three days.

Since I love being rocked to sleep at sea, I had asked that he take the ship back out through "the cut" and into open water every night then re-dock in the morning. Customer service just isn't what it used to be! :rolleyes:;):p

There is no way nine days went as fast as it did. I think the Captain has some kind of time machine that is activated by the time changes announced in the dailies, and we were only on the ship for a couple of days, not the advertised nine;)

Al

I'm leaving on the Sun on Jan. 4 and I hope there aren't any people lined up to check-in when I arrive to board the ship.

I don't like to wait in lines and want to be taken immediately to my cabin and have my luggage delivered to the cabin within 7 minutes.

<G>

There's no pleasing some people.

My complaint would have to be that their food is the worst of any line with slow service. I am talking about the restaurants you don't have to pay for. I've traveled NCL twice and I actually felt they are very substandard compared to the other lines, yes, even worse than Carnival. Carnival actually had a lot of good things about them, except some of the crowds they attract.

Dear NCL,

I am very upset.

I got the exact cabin that I hand selected, booked, and paid for.

I will never sail NCL again!

P.S. By the third day at sea, there were salt water marks on my glass balcony door, and we prefer yellow beans instead of green on the buffet.

There is no way nine days went as fast as it did. I think the Captain has some kind of time machine that is activated by the time changes announced in the dailies, and we were only on the ship for a couple of days, not the advertised nine;)

Al

No, they have a reverse time machine. I booked my cruise 6 mos ago and somehow they made it feel like 6 years ;)

Worst vacation I ever had. Rained 6 out of 7 days NCL made not effort to lessen the impact of being stuck inside. They played Barry Manilow over and over on the pa until passengers lost their minds! Nickel and dime you to death. Service awful-workers have no reason to try hard since you have to pay a service fee of 10.00 pp per day. Never again.

The mc donald type dining....freestyle? free for all......keeps us from cruising with NCL:(

If dining on NCL is equivalant to dining at McDonald's, then dining on RCCL is equivalant to eating in an animal barn... open the door and the herd stampedes in like animals going to the feed trough. (and some of the overdresseed women on the Explorer in July reminded me of fat cows.....)

My complaint would have to be that their food is the worst of any line with slow service. I am talking about the restaurants you don't have to pay for. I've traveled NCL twice and I actually felt they are very substandard compared to the other lines, yes, even worse than Carnival. Carnival actually had a lot of good things about them, except some of the crowds they attract.

RCCL's food reminded me of like... well McDonald's.

At least NCL's selections are better and the food has flavor....

I do agree on this one. I've only taken one NCL cruise and thought the food and service was awful . Each to their own I guess.

Let's not forget the two complaints that really bug me:

1.) "I tried to sneak alcohol on board and they found it and took it." Yes, you numbskull....you tried to break the rules and now you want to whine and complain because you were caught and the rule enforced.

2.) "I purchased my cruise a year ago so that I could get my choice of the best cabin. Now, two weeks before my cruise they have dropped the price in order to fill the ship and they won't pay me the difference."

Another fool who thinks their needs are more important than the real world. NCL is in business to make money, that is a fact. NCL simply wants to fill the ship because a cabin sailing with someone at a lower price will still bring in more revenue than a cabin sailing empty. You could have waited to see if the price went down, but no you want the cheapest price AND your selection of the best cabin? Only selfish people think that way.....

Worst vacation I ever had. Rained 6 out of 7 days NCL made not effort to lessen the impact of being stuck inside. They played Barry Manilow over and over on the pa until passengers lost their minds! Nickel and dime you to death. Service awful-workers have no reason to try hard since you have to pay a service fee of 10.00 pp per day. Never again.

Are you really :mad: or just :D about this thread??? Are you really saying NCL had something to do with the rain? My friends went on the Freedom of the Seas and stayed in bed 4 days puking their brains out. On the 5th day they ventured out of their room as the storm subsided and was greeted by barf bags and the contents all over the ship. Eventually they reached an island with good weather. However, no compensation for all the wonderful meals and activities they missed. And yes, they were still expected to tip the customary 20%. Oh, and the crew weren't wearing their "usual" smiles as they had to clean up behind the passengers.

Are you really :mad: or just :D about this thread??? Are you really saying NCL had something to do with the rain? My friends went on the Freedom of the Seas and stayed in bed 4 days puking their brains out. On the 5th day they ventured out of their room as the storm subsided and was greeted by barf bags and the contents all over the ship. Eventually they reached an island with good weather. However, no compensation for all the wonderful meals and activities they missed. And yes, they were still expected to tip the customary 20%. Oh, and the crew weren't wearing their "usual" smiles as they had to clean up behind the passengers.

ewww...what time of year did they sail? was it hurricane season? I dont blame the crew for not being chearful! yuck! Hope they found something positive out of that cruise, poor things!

It is all about attitude.

God forbid if I ever had to serve some of the complainers. They come on board with their head up thei butts and wonder why it stinks all the time because after all, it couldn't be their butt that is causing the stink.

Speaking of rain . One of the most memorable rain days on a cruise is when we went snorkeling at a beach in St. Martin and this young couple had there motor home / hot dog stand/ snack shop ( you get the idea ) parked right at the beach. When every ounce of rain in the sky just dumped. They asked us inside to get out of the rain and we proceded to chat and have cocktails until it ended. ( about 3 hours and a whole lot of drinks ).

Two of the nicest people we have ever met.

Sure glad it rained that day .

Archived