I have to complain about Norweigen. Something happened and I didn't like it.

A Sixth?

So what is your biggest problem with Norwegian? (BIG Smile!)  

336 members have voted

1. 1. So what is your biggest problem with Norwegian? (BIG Smile!)

• I was hungry and wasn't fed immediately.
    • I saw a sun bed I wanted but someone was on it.
    • It rained on a Tuesday that I really wanted sun
    • An elevator took a long time to fetch me
    • Someone on the staff looked kinda funny at me
    • I booked a cabin and got it, but I expected a Penthouse upgrade
    • A hurricane was the excuse for missing Fantasy Island. I loved that show
    • What the heck is all the whining about???!!!

ewww...what time of year did they sail? was it hurricane season? I dont blame the crew for not being chearful! yuck! Hope they found something positive out of that cruise, poor things!

It was after hurricane season! A freak storm. All in all they made the best of it. They paid quite nicely for their stateroom, balcony, 1,000+ pp. It was a 12 day sail, so they did have some nice island days. But, they are a bit cruise shy now. Planning a land vacation next. Funny thing, we were thinking of going on that cruise but decided to do the NCL Hawaii cruise instead. OMG, glad we did, it was the best ever, Pride of Hawaii, that is what hooked me on NCL, and of course HAWAII!!! Now after our 2nd cruise on the Pearl we are pleased as punch. Best cabin steward ever, he gifted us with a bottle of Champagne and bottle of Chardonay with fruit tray. All I did was leave a little extra on the pillow. Actually the nominal service charge isn't even 20% per day for the least expensive cabin! And this covers both the cabin stewards and wait staff. We met nothing but gracious crew members and lovely passengers. I guess it's all in how you approach it.

It must S**k to not have a sense of humor .

Lifes to short ;)

Isn't that the truth. It must be miserable to be like that. I guess misery loves company. If it were me and I thought a product I purchased sucked, I might would go somewhere, post a negative review and if I did, I would be done with it. Some people just keep saying the same things over and over.

I do agree on this one. I've only taken one NCL cruise and thought the food and service was awful . Each to their own I guess.

Well I have taken 2 cruises with them because the prices were so good and I feel they deserved a 2nd chance. Unfortunately, I wasn't impressed with them the 2nd time either, so that was it for me. You get what you pay for sometimes. :rolleyes:

My cabin steward did not make up my room within 10 seconds of me leaving the cabin. I know this because I forgot something and came back. There were not 4 staff standing outside my door in case I wanted something 24/7.

I had to wait for 2 minutes for a drink from the bar because other people had the nerve to get there before I did and were served first.

I had to wait 7 minutes to disembark at one port because others wanted to get off when I did. They should all have waited until the announcement that I had now left.

I thought service in the dining room was awful. I did not have a waiter at each shoulder fanning me, the chef did not come out and talk to me about my preferences on how I wanted my food cooked, no-one fed it into my mouth for me and I had to peel my own grape. The jester never stopped at my table to entertain me and the Captain refused to perform a sacrifice of 1000 virgins in thanks of me sailing NCL.

Atrocious behaviour from those enslaved to cater to my every whim and fawn over me every second on every day.

I forgot. I ordered Room Service for 7.30 and it was 27 seconds late.

Not to worry I stiffed her on the tip to encourage her to be more punctual in future.

I know we are all joking, but I tell you what...there are people who really do this! Its crazy what people expect.

Where are these McDonald's you are speaking about? In Canada, they do not have McDonalds that serves ANYTHING like cruiseship food. Are you for real?

I travel and go to conferences where we have the banquet style meals for a few hundred. Not many can compare with the cruise ships quality or seclection. NCL, Carnival, RCI have been more than adequate.

I have a theory about the complainers. The more you pay for a cruise, the more you expect so the more you demand. Suites vs. inside is a difference of thousands of $$. We always bring our family, so must take the bargain cruises...and therefore we have gotten incredible experiences and value.

We don't expect perfection, just a friendly, quality, relaxing experience.....and have not been disappointed in 8 cruises on various lines.

Well I have taken 2 cruises with them because the prices were so good and I feel they deserved a 2nd chance. Unfortunately, I wasn't impressed with them the 2nd time either, so that was it for me. You get what you pay for sometimes. :rolleyes:

Well that answers my question. Glad I didn't then. :):):)

I really hate it that you just seem to get settled in your cabin and find your way around the ship, and they make you get off!! Something about, "well, you only paid for a 10 day cruise and the ten days are up!" What is THAT about?????

Me, too! They had the nerve to make me go back to real life without multiple food options, full time entertainment and the incredible ocean breezes! I think it's NCL's fault that I'm now addicted to good times! I'm gonna sue! ;)

On a good note: I thought the food that I was served in the regular dining rooms was about the best I have had in the last 10 years. But getting INTO the dining room was a wait all the time and they use those little pagers. Many couples were waiting while there were lots of tables for 6, and rarely was anyone asked if they wanted to share....suggest it when you go to eat. Or make up a group of 4 or 6 with those around you in line. I would prefer the old fashioned eating time with an assigned table.

However, the buffets were crowded and the food was cold. The service was not good anywhere by any stretch of the imagination. One day the bed was not turned down and one day it was not made (ha ha just like home). We saw our two room stewards on the first day and on the last day as we were leaving, just in case we wanted to give a little extra to them.

In general, the staff was not as customer oriented as other ships.

The singers and dancers were excellent, I loved the layout of the theatre. The other entertainment was typical on a ship.

I kept telling myself what a good deal I got (the smallest balcony cabin I have ever seen, but only $599 for 7 nights). So I put a deposit down for 3 more cruises.

My cabin steward did not make up my room within 10 seconds of me leaving the cabin. I know this because I forgot something and came back. There were not 4 staff standing outside my door in case I wanted something 24/7.

I had to wait for 2 minutes for a drink from the bar because other people had the nerve to get there before I did and were served first.

I had to wait 7 minutes to disembark at one port because others wanted to get off when I did. They should all have waited until the announcement that I had now left.

I thought service in the dining room was awful. I did not have a waiter at each shoulder fanning me, the chef did not come out and talk to me about my preferences on how I wanted my food cooked, no-one fed it into my mouth for me and I had to peel my own grape. The jester never stopped at my table to entertain me and the Captain refused to perform a sacrifice of 1000 virgins in thanks of me sailing NCL.

Atrocious behaviour from those enslaved to cater to my every whim and fawn over me every second on every day.

Okay, I was finding this thread quite amusing - even with those who just couldn't stand to make light of complaints because their experiences were so traumatizing that they will NEVER be able to laugh about them - but then I saw that you had to peel your own grape. WHAT IS THE CRUISING INDUSTRY COMING TO???!!!??? :eek: No wonder so many people can't seem to get past their horrendous cruise experiences. Now that I'm aware that nobody is peeling grapes, it all makes so much more sense to me. :rolleyes::p

:DNorthernHemisphereMap.gif

Okay, so here is my complaint, I go on this wonderful cruise, and the price doubles do to airfare, plus, the plane is cramped, boring, they don’t feed me, and I can’t have fun.

So here is my solution, I see that NCL stops in Astoria, GREAT! Let’s make that the embarkation port!

Next, we well sail down to LA, Cabo, Maztlan, Puerto Vallarta! Here is were it gets tricky, but Obama want to make jobs so, how about we build a canal right below Puerto Vallarta? Looks pretty thin right?

Then, bang boom, we are in the Gulf of Mexico, Cancun, Cozumel!

Next we can hit the Caribbean Sea! St. Kitts, Antigua!

Of course, we’d have to go back again so I don’t ever have to get on a plane!

It would be like a 20 day cruise but what ever. Isn’t that NCLs theme?

What do you think?

I'll pass on this one, thanks.

Edited to add:

My complaint; naming the cruise line and their repeat cruise program words that are too difficult to spell correctly.

N O R W E G I A N

L A T I T U D E S

My bad, ran the speel chek and it korrected at rong. :D

Glad to see most are enjoying this thread in the good humour it was intended. :rolleyes:

If dining on NCL is equivalant to dining at McDonald's, then dining on RCCL is equivalant to eating in an animal barn... open the door and the herd stampedes in like animals going to the feed trough. (and some of the overdresseed women on the Explorer in July reminded me of fat cows.....)

What an awful thing to say!!:(

I am VERY picky and I hadnt noticed that the food was bad, nor did I notice ANY of the other complaints!! Hmm Guess I better book another one and check it out!!! ;)

C'mon. You need to get with the program.:D Surely you can find a bunch of stuff to gripe about. I think it's awful that we are forced to cruise so much.

Archived