Vatican Museums - Ticket Office online

samavarcruiser

You can buy your ticket online and avoid the long line :)

The cost of the full fare ticket is 14,00 Euro, the cost of the reduced ticket is 8,00 Euro. Every ticket purchased online has a reservation fee of 4,00 Euro.

The ticket gives you the right to visit the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel for the only day of issue.*

The tickets may be reserved (with a maximum of 10) from 60 days before the date of the visit and they are not refundable

http://biglietteriamusei.vatican.va/tickets/do?action=booking&codiceLivelloVisita=9&step=1

I used this service in November to book my son and his gfs tickets so they would not have to wait in line. We went November 28 in the afternoon since it is now open later and there wasn't any line anyway. I just like the idea of knowing they wouldn't have to wait. When you have limited time it is nice to have everything worked out in advance. You can also order Colosseum tickets in advance online.

You can also book their tour of the Vatican museums for not much more $$$--then at the end, while you are in the Sistine Chapel, go out the small door back on the right (I think it says for tour groups only but no one cared) and you can get right into the Basilica, rather than having to go all the way around. This worked great for us. We were there in November and there really was no line anyway, but if you were going at a busier time this is crucial.

Cathy

Archived