Coral Balcony Question

steelerfan7

We will be on the Coral in Alaska in June. This will be our first balcony and first time in Alaska. We currently have C402 booked, but are concerned about the open balcony and privacy. How much of the balcony is open to the folks above us? Should we switch to Baja or Aloha for privacy reasons? It looks like the balcony on Caribe is bigger, which is a plus.

Any recommendations from previous Coral cruisers?

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year.

Hi Steelerfan,

Here is a website that should answer your questions and allow you to browse your way around the ship to help you decide which room type and balcony suites your needs. Also, do a search here for Coral or Island (they are the same); there have been many discussions about the various cabin/balcony options that may also shed some light for you. Good luck!!!

http://cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Princess/odell/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

I have been on the Coral 5 times and 4 of them have been in uncoverd balconies and did not bother us at all. People look down, we look up we wave to each other and then go about our business. It is totally up to you if you want to move but it really did not bother us at all.

Marilyn

I totally agree with Marilyn. We just got off the Coral. We had an uncovered balcony on the Dolphin deck. We made friends with many of the folks around us. The same was true when we cruised Alaska on the Coral. How much privacy do you need?

We had a Baja deck balcony in Alaska a year ago. You will be very comfortable with your cabin. People are very respectful as they stay out on their balconies. It can get cold out there so you won't be out there all day and you will likely have layers of clothing on so...enjoy and don't worry about it...its a wonderful trip

We love a caribe deck balcony. The extra space comes with more comfortable chairs, too.

We will be sailing in a week on the Coral. We had a Baja Deck Balcony (fully covered) last time we did the 10 day Panama Canal loop. This time we opted for the Caribe deck Mini-suite towards aft...tell me how the furniture differs? I was hoping for a couple chaise loungers but I understand they don't do that anymore...safety concerns...

Joni

Here are a couple of pictures of the Caribe deck balconies. In the first picture Caribe deck is in the middle. The balcony is a large as the open part and goes back under the upper balcony.......which is Baja deck. We love Caribe deck balconies and feel they are the best of both worlds 1/2 covered, 1/2 uncovered.

caribebalconyforCC.jpg

This picture shows the balcony from inside the cabin. The balcony furniture is differnt now...........after the fire on the Star...........so I'm not sure if you get loungers or not.

caribebalcony2forCC.jpg

I'm not sure if you get loungers or not.

Now you get 2 chairs that recline, 2 other chairs, and a table big enough for several people to eat on. The chairs are a blue nylon material and the table is white metal. These are fire-proof and are all you can have out there. We found the reclining chairs to be quite comfortable and just put our feet up on the other chairs - sort of like a chaise lounge. ;)

Archived