Cruising the Atlantic

Iluv2cruz918

I am debating cruising Boston to Bermuda in September 2009. However, I am getting a lot of argument from people that this would not be a good time to cruise due to hurricane season. Would you let the chance of a hurricane stop you from your vacation to Bermuda and why or why not?:confused:

I am debating cruising Boston to Bermuda in September 2009. However, I am getting a lot of argument from people that this would not be a good time to cruise due to hurricane season. Would you let the chance of a hurricane stop you from your vacation to Bermuda and why or why not?:confused:

If we worried about hurricanes, nobody would go to Bermuda!;) We've gone three times in August and had on near miss. This time we're going in June which is earlier in the hurricane season and less expensive then August!:cool:

Here's a graph I've saved regarding hurricanes. Don't miss Bermuda, you'll love it!:)

HurSeason.jpg

However, I am getting a lot of argument from people that this would not be a good time to cruise due to hurricane season.

If you want to split hairs with these people tell them that hurricane season is officially June 1 through Nov. 30.:p

Anyway, we've cruised to Bermuda 7 times in Oct. 1 time in Sept. and we're also booked for Oct. '09.:) We've had some bouncy times which were usually the first night out until we got into the gulf stream but nothing to freak out about and we were on small ships. More often than not, it's been smooth sailing.

You take your chances anytime since one never knows what Mother Nature has up her sleeve.;)

There is always a chance that a Hurricane could hit during this time but the odds are not very great. We have cruised to/from Bermuda serveral times during the Huricane Season and been fine. No one can guarantee that there will not be a huricane. If it was me I would do the sailing.

Keith

• 4 weeks later...

We have done a number of transatlantics and we will continue to because of great ports...and the 'pond' is smoother than the Mediterranean all the way across

BUT saying that , I have endured a hurricane and 25 ft waves and no problema though I did have one bad day...

You just cannot know if its going to be bad or not, so go when you want, nothing stops us

Archived