Coast Guard Searching for Overboard Carnival Employee

Sherrybaby412

I don't think Carnival has released the name yet to the media, but sad to say, from what was being said around the ship, this person was extremely talented after watching the show on Wednesday night, and I hope that they find him safe. Sad way to end a cruise.

What a terrible tragedy. I'm just off the 25-Dec sailing off the Senstation and really curious who it could be. Was it the cruise director, a dancer, a musician?

Who is included in entertainment staff...and some media reports say he was a supervisor.

I only hope they find him.

. We had just finished ringing in the new year and were in our cabin starting to pack when the "Bravo Brovo port side" came over the intercom.

Very sad indeed. So sorry for the family. :(

I thought Oscar, oscar was the call for a man overboard. Isn't Bravo the code for fire? :confused:

What a terrible tragedy. I'm just off the 25-Dec sailing off the Senstation and really curious who it could be. Was it the cruise director, a dancer, a musician?

The above article pretty much goes out and explains who it is without giving a name. Word around the ship was that it was the male singer. The singers & dancers passed by us on the Lido deck during the party while they were off duty. Its still weird to think that it happened and right after watching the show.

I thought Oscar, oscar was the call for a man overboard. Isn't Bravo the code for fire? :confused:

I thought it was a fire at first also, but when they said 'bravo port' it didn't make sense not to give an exact location of a fire. As I am mostly a RCCL person, I have heard them call bravo during fire tests, as well as on the Sovereign documentary.

Apparently Bravo = general emergency on Carnival. I talked to a friend of mine who is a frequent Carnival cruiser and he had said there was a medical emergency on one of his cruises and they called bravo. We asked one of the workers on the ship last night and he said that Alpha 2 is Carnivals code for fire.

The above article pretty much goes out and explains who it is without giving a name. Word around the ship was that it was the male singer. The singers & dancers passed by us on the Lido deck during the party while they were off duty. Its still weird to think that it happened and right after watching the show.

I thought it was a fire at first also, but when they said 'bravo port' it didn't make sense not to give an exact location of a fire. As I am mostly a RCCL person, I have heard them call bravo during fire tests, as well as on the Sovereign documentary.

Apparently Bravo = general emergency on Carnival. I talked to a friend of mine who is a frequent Carnival cruiser and he had said there was a medical emergency on one of his cruises and they called bravo. We asked one of the workers on the ship last night and he said that Alpha 2 is Carnivals code for fire.

Thanks for explaining that to another fellow RCCL cruiser. :)

So far This week alone (I count this one too) Norwegian Perl had to woman who went missing off Cozumel, and now an employee fell off the Sensation off of Florida. People PLEASE keep your feet on the ground. :eek:

Seriously though I really hope they find him.

During our cruise (Freedom - Christmas Cruise) a man drowned in Costa Rica on Christmas Eve. Very sad http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/icons/icon9.gif

It still is amazing to me that people will find a way to bash a person who has fallen overboard (and is now probably dead) without knowing the facts.

Some folks really need to reach down deep and look at themself.

Saints preserve it should be one of their family members. I am sure they would not be saying the same thing...;)

It does seem from the news reports here in Tampa tonight he was trying to get a pic and "NOT" horsing around. Unfortunately he fell from an estimated 87' high. If you don't hit the water just right it is like landing on concrete from that height...

Say a prayer for him, his family and his loved ones.

To those out there so eager to bash him......I'll try saying a prayer for you too.....:rolleyes:

It still is amazing to me that people will find a way to bash a person who has fallen overboard (and is now probably dead) without knowing the facts.

I was saying the same thing just a couple days ago. :(

Saints preserve it should be one of their family members. I am sure they would not be saying the same thing...;)

It does seem from the news reports here in Tampa tonight he was trying to get a pic and "NOT" horsing around. Unfortunately he fell from an estimated 87' high. If you don't hit the water just right it is like landing on concrete from that height...

To those out there so eager to bash him......I'll try saying a prayer for you too.....:rolleyes:

AMEN!!! ;)

I would also like to know where this information came about the singer standing on a railing rung. I have not read that in any of the articles.

This is so sad. :(

One thing about the crewman that went over the rail that I do not understand...

He was with 'friends'...why the heck didn't they stop him...regardless as to whether he was just fooling around and lost his footing..or..if he wanted out and jumped....they could have grabbed him off the rails or kept him talking til security had been alerted etc.

Carnival made a point at the senate discussion about how railings were effectively too high to just fall over them. The 'friends' of this individual threw a lifebelt to him after he went over the side, so why didn't they stop him from going...or at least try to stop him?

Amen Jeff!!!

He was with 'friends'...why the heck didn't they stop him...regardless as to whether he was just fooling around and lost his footing..or..if he wanted out and jumped....they could have grabbed him off the rails or kept him talking til security had been alerted etc.

Carnival made a point at the senate discussion about how railings were effectively too high to just fall over them. The 'friends' of this individual threw a lifebelt to him after he went over the side, so why didn't they stop him from going...or at least try to stop him?

If he stepped up on part of the rail quickly to take a picture it probably happened so fast that nobody could do anything.

Well sir I don't know about you, but I've done alot of "cool" stuff on New Years Eve in moments of merrymaking with my friends, that I never would have done had I been not drinking.

There is no where here that shows any indication that it was suicide, he was partying with his friends and I can see them going out for some pictures, maybe they've done it many times before, but the sea was rough, they hit a wave and boom he fell, alcohol decreases your response time by alot and if it happened really quickly I doubt there was time to respond, or even know what was happening till he already was fallen.

My heart goes out to this young man and his family and my prayers also, what a tragic end to a night of celebration.

No pointing blame here, this is a tragedy and nothing more :-(

Carole

Jeff, very well said!

Who is included in entertainment staff...and some media reports say he was a supervisor.

I only hope they find him.

Yes one of the personnel in the production shows is the supervisor of the other singers and dancers in the show.

why are you up on a soapbox? who is bashing him? everyone here is saying they hope he is found, and that they hope he is o.k. it is believed he was doing something unsafe for this to happen, and that is what some people have stated. has there ever been one instance where a person was standing by a railing and just fell overboard? nobody is happy he fell, and i dont see why people on this board need to be prayed for as if they have done something terrible.

mike

Archived