For Pete's Sake NCL! Change "freestyle" to ANYTHING else!

CruisinEurope

[quote name='CruisinEurope']Wow. who knew that a little tongue-in-cheek post could generate so much!

And - no - I wasn't WHINING that it's their slogan ... I was simply at my wits end with people saying that FREESTYLE should mean that things are FREE.

LOL

Wow.[/quote]

I want you to know I was not complaining about your orignal post, I agree with you totally. I am also sick of the ones who can't seem to enjoy their time on a cruise and think everything should be included and free. I would happily sail with you any day!

[quote name='CanadianTwosome']...but the point is, to me it's not so much a 'quality' thing as it is an 'options' thing. [/quote]
This is exactly right, CT. A cruise ship's main dining room offers four or five choices of main course--plus any "always-available" options--whereas on NCL, with six or seven specialty restaurants, you have more than fifty choices at every dinner. That's what you're paying for: the additional choices. Costs NCL something to offer all those options. More complex inventory planning, greater difficulty in making wait staff assignments, the entire reservations process, additional kitchens, etc.

Strikes me that those who irrationally cannot accept the existence of extra-charge restaurants simply have a knee-jerk reaction (like our pal Brad) that the food in the main dining room must be "bad," because they are simply unwilling to consider going to an extra-charge restaurant. A matter of resentment, more than anything. Just like the cheapskates who irrationally cannot accept the existence of the automatic tip just have to conclude that service is bad "because there's no incentive."

Archived