us visa waiver... do i need one ????

mrsloopylou

HI Ive just recently booked a last minute cruise on OV1 from lgw to barbados, tree tops n turtles,on 6th Jan, bit concerned because ive just read about this visa thingy, do we need one as we travel before it comes into play, form states as from 12th jan.... very confused and a bit worried:confused:

Helen

Helen,

Coming from the UK, you still are part of the visa waiver program, so you don't need an actual visa. But all the visa waiver countries pax will need to get the ESTA, which is what I think you are referring to. So yes, you need the thingy. Apply here, takes only minutes, it's free and good for two years:

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/esta.html?_flowExecutionKey=_cD0DE9C17-B52F-CB76-0FA1-DF00982A8F3F_k87E0E125-7C78-B3A2-8B9C-FB47725591BD

Cheryland tk gives good advice. Fill the form out online and that is it. You are covered for any visit to the US for 2 years. Should take only a few minutes for each person in your party and you then have peace of mind from then on.

For the sake of a few minutes it could save you a lot of hassle or may be not needed but has to be worth it.

Jean

HI Ive just recently booked a last minute cruise on OV1 from lgw to barbados, tree tops n turtles ,on 6th Jan, bit concerned because ive just read about this visa thingy, do we need one as we travel before it comes into play, form states as from 12th jan.... very confused and a bit worried:confused:

Helen

Helen....

Would you mind translating your post? :D

I don't know what OV1 or lgw stand for. What is tree tops n turtles?

Thank you.

Thank you for all your help, lgw is london gatwick, OV1 id the ship we sail on Ocean village 1 and trre tops n turtles is the cruise name, had mixed reports about if we need this new esta waiver or not, we fly from uk into barbados and the cruise to st barts, tortola, antiga, grenada, martinique so dont touch us soil i believe

Regards

Helen

Archived