Information about Quest

I agree it's better on smaller ships.

And I have so much fun roping unsuspecting males into my group. Last cruise, I managed to grab to first timers. We WON!!!:p

That is the spirit that makes the games fun. My first experience was on Majesty for a 3 day cruise. I think there was at least 10 different groups all over the lounge area and it was a madhouse. I don't remember the names of the CD and assistant CD. (The CD was a black man who said he was from Jamaica and the Assistant CD was a young British girl) Their personalities added much to the game and the battle of the sexes game. Richard Spacey was the CD on Freedom and his personality added much to the game, but the big venue brought out a lot of people who just came to watch and they split the teams up by which side of the arena you were sitting in. We had a bunch of lookey lous that wouldn't help out. I got drafted into being one of the captains. We got trounced, but at least I made the cruise DVD.

My group won a few years ago on the Radiance. Since I had been on previous RCI cruises, I was somewhat prepared, even though it does change. But it is hilarious and I won't miss it when I am on the Mariner in Oct.

The Quest is a definate to do! My DH and our group won 1st place on Vision Of The Seas, Mexican Riviera cruise, November, 2007. It was my 60th birthday and my DH is 64. If you need a good laugh..you will love it.

Hello,

DH and I are sailing on the Navigator on Jan 8. Does anyone one know which night that Quest might be done on a short itinerary?

I want to be sure that we have plenty of cocktails by the pool so that I can persuade DH to particpate, if asked ;)

I've been on several RCI ships including the Freedom of the Seas with Richard Spacey. I think of all, he was the worse since he allowed kids into the room. The kids had their own Quest and I thought it wasn't fair to the adults. It was not an adult only game. I too am on the January 8th sailing of the Naviagator. I hope the C.D. doesn't allow kids into the room. Also, on the Freedom, it was held on ice skating rink. I think I prefer the smaller ships myself.

I think it's interesting that some think it's more fun on the smaller ships. We enjoyed it MUCH more on the Voyagers ships than on Majesty. I liked the larger groups and the two chosen team leaders. It was also nice to be able to clearly see the other groups instead of being hid away in some corner of the room.

My parents and grandmother love the quest, and all have participated in some way or another. :D

I am now 68 but was 66 when I went to my one and only Quest, joined a team of folks who'd played before and we won! I had a ball and laughed a lot.

Quest is not for everyone, but if you go with open mind, good humor and expectations for fun you will not be disappointed.

We went to the Quest on the Voyager and it was in the skating rink. We werent sure what to expect cause like they have said here it is kind of a secret. It was so much fun! The people next to our group didnt think it was very funny, so it is not for everyone. We had a blast. We all laughed so hard, so dont miss it! :D

Maybe because we were sailing over the xmas break and many families were on board or maybe I am more easy going than most but I felt the mariner quest was fairly tame.

I have not seen it before so cannot compare but kids would have been ok here as the only thing to see were men taking pants off and wearing bras.

Its great if your game for a laugh, if not don't go, me and my partner were picked as team captains and won, had a great laugh doing so and made the cruise dvd, both the dvd and pics still always get such a laugh now

Archived