Sigma 10-20 NYC Holiday

I'm seeing no link to pics. Am I missing something? :confused:

I notice the post has been edited by Laura at CC, at the request of the Original Poster.

What's up? I need to see those Sigma superwide shots!

I am sorry. I will post them shortly. I am so technologically inept and I made a mistake with my link and I needed it removed.

I am sorry for the confusion....I will have them posted back as pictures not a link. I have to do a few things with work being first day back. The lens is amazing!:)

Nice pictures. I hope you did not make the same mistake as I. Going to Macys the Saturday night before Christmas.

NOOOOO!!! We were driving back up from the shore and I wanted to stop and see the tree. These were all from the car either out the window or through the window. It was a warm night and there were lots of people. Next year we'll park and take our time.

The tree was beautiful!:)

I sprung for mine for my Birthday 12/1 and it is out of this world. Be gentle as you can almost run into your subject getting the shot. It does not even need to be an IS lens. I also bought a 6 way 77MM Star Filter for it. Now all I need is another Cruise.....

... It does not even need to be an IS lens....

Yeah, but it never hurts to have IS if you can get it. This was taken hand-held in the theater on the Solstice with my stabilized 11-18mm.

1/2s - f/5 - 11mm - ISO800

large.jpg

Ultra-wides are an awful lot of fun!

FinelyCruising: Have fun with the new toy! It looks good so far!

Dave

Yeah, but it never hurts to have IS if you can get it. This was taken hand-held in the theater on the Solstice with my stabilized 11-18mm.

1/2s - f/5 - 11mm - ISO800

large.jpg

Ultra-wides are an awful lot of fun!

FinelyCruising: Have fun with the new toy! It looks good so far!

Dave

What an awesome view. Sure wish I were there now!!

Thank You Everyone!!!

You know these two were my favorites too!!! That corner was so colorful and I was so surprised at what ended up in the camera.:D I was SO BUMMED that I did not have that last one squared away better and clipped the top corner of the shot.

You have no idea what I did to DH. Stop the car. I can't stop the car. Stop the car. I can't stop the car. STOP THE CAR!!! Of 50 snaps, there is only one more that I did not post. So six in total that were 'usable'.

My bad though. Of course I did not have the WB set right from the Sidelight Flower pics of the day before, that was daylight, and the ISO speed was off too at 100. I need a camera that says....Hey...are you sure???:D

Seriously, once I reset the speed and the white balance it was point and shoot and here's what we got.

Did I mention...I LOVE THIS LENS???

Now, I need to find this exact Love in a long zoom.:)

Of 50 snaps, there is only one more that I did not post. So.. six in total :eek: that were 'usable'. :eek:

My bad though. Of course I did not have the WB set right from the Sidelight Flower pics of the day before,

that was daylight, and the ISO speed was off too at 100.

I need a camera that says....Hey...are you sure???:D

Seriously, once I reset the speed and the white balance

it was point and shoot and here's what we got.

What's with all these Settings you talkin 'bout, girl?

That's why God made a setting called Automatic.

The only way I ever shoot is Automatic, either with the flash on or the flash off

and frankly I waay prefer flash off.

I walk through Times Square every day going to and from work. I really ought to lug the camera with me more often. My Sigma 10-20 has never been to Manhattan (shame on me), however I did shoot this a while back with my 50mm prime.

429777122_ab3dd78d78_o.jpg

What's with all these Settings you talkin 'bout, girl?

That's why God made a setting called Automatic.

The only way I ever shoot is Automatic, either with the flash on or the flash off

and frankly I waay prefer flash off.

Yes! I agree. FWIW, these last two were through the front window of the vehicle....the rear view mirror was in the way. That's why that very last one was not square.

So maybe that multi coated Hoya was worth the extra pennies since I wasn't even too sure what I did, but it is definitely through the front window.

Here is one that did not get posted. Simple and to the point it is. 30 Rock.:)

(Out the window)

IMG_0916.JPG

I walk through Times Square every day going to and from work. I really ought to lug the camera with me more often. My Sigma 10-20 has never been to Manhattan (shame on me), however I did shoot this a while back with my 50mm prime.

....and what sweet lens is this???:D

:eek::o:o

The weather isn't inspiring me to get out there and play...

:D

I understand! So how many days until the 21st??? Why is it that pictures at home are just not anywhere nearly as exciting taking pictures somewhere else?:o

(Unless of course one lives in Barbados;))

Yes! I agree. FWIW, these last two were through the front window of the vehicle....the rear view mirror was in the way. That's why that very last one was not square.

So maybe that multi coated Hoya was worth the extra pennies since I wasn't even too sure what I did, but it is definitely through the front window.

Here is one that did not get posted. Simple and to the point it is. 30 Rock.:)

(Out the window)

IMG_0916.JPG

Nice shot. Now I would believe this is New York!

Good Job!

This has been a photo I have always tried to get, but never have.

Great Job and good lens!

This has been a photo I have always tried to get, but never have.

Great Job and good lens!

Aw Shucks, Suzieb, thanks! I took this shot as an assignment for a photography class. The assignment was "hyperfocal distance". There was math involved :eek:

Archived