Catarmeran Excursion

wadecruiser

On a cruise we just completed, we sailed with Tiami (we could only book through the cruiesline). We had been on Tiami previously and really enjoyed it both times. The cost was $108 per person, the excursion was 5 full hours, excellent sailing, and they served a great lunch of fruits, salad, baked flying fish and of course all the beverages including alcohol that you wanted. (and I don't even drink alcohol!)

We will sail with them again. Simply a great time!

What cruiseline were you on?

Also, how crowded was it?

I've been looking at all the private catamarans and have narrowed it down to Shasa and SilverMoon. However, if the cruiseline cat. is almost as good and not crowded, I may just go with them for the convenience and also because I really am not thrilled giving my credit card number to either reserve (Shasa) or give a 50% downpayment (Silvermoon).

Shasa Catamaran is great, too. It is a small cat. WE only had 8 people on ours . Full day tour, two snorkel stops , beach stop, lunch, beer, soda, water, wine ; cost is $80

Upon contacting them, they only have the 3 hour tour available....with a waitlisting option for the 5 hour. We really want the whole experience (5 hours + lunch), so maybe I'll wait a few weeks, try them again.

Ahoy!

I'll cut and past a recent blurb on our recent Shasa sail and snorkel. If you decide to use them please give Captain Jason a hug from us (Bob & Judy). We had a wonderful day sailing with him.

I'll also attach a link to a review posted on a "Roll Call" board that covers several Caribbean ports. You'll need to scroll down to find the complete review, if so desired.

"BRIDGETOWN, BARBADOS (0800-1700): The Portuguese named Barbados (“bearded”) as a reference to roots that hang from the island’s native bearded fig tree. Apparently, some anthropologist’s suggest that “os Barbados” may also have been a reference to the indigenous people who welcomed the 16th century Portuguese explorers. In any event, we had booked on-line another ‘sail, snorkel and suds’ tour @1000 with the Shasa (= “pleasing waters” in Swahili) Catamaran folks (shasacatamarancruises.com / $80 pp for a 5 hour lunch cruise). The tour included transportation to the catamaran (our driver Tony gave us an abbreviated tour of sites along the way, history and politics of the island, etc. along the way), snorkeling and swimming with the turtles. It also included another snorkel over a reef, a buffet lunch (fried chicken and fish, macaroni and cheese, potato and green salads, etc.), sailing along the coastline and endless pours of libations and rum punches. Jason is the owner & captain (his wife makes the lunch ashore) and he did a marvelous job considering the strong currents and winds we encountered that day. I believe everyone aboard (ourselves, two wonderful couples from the CC roll call board and a British couple vacationing on the island) were quite pleased with the tour. The tour did run a little late due to logistical problems but we were able to make it back to port by 1610. This, of course, enabled DW to do some shopping along the pier. What is a grown married man to do? (Answer=Nothing)"

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=434425&page=28

Have a GREAT CRUISE!

Bon Voyage & Good Health!

Bob:)

On a cruise we just completed, we sailed with Tiami (we could only book through the cruiesline). We had been on Tiami previously and really enjoyed it both times. The cost was $108 per person, the excursion was 5 full hours, excellent sailing, and they served a great lunch of fruits, salad, baked flying fish and of course all the beverages including alcohol that you wanted. (and I don't even drink alcohol!)

We will sail with them again. Simply a great time!

Agree with everything deckguy wrote. Plus, on our tour it was not crowded and the crew was fantastic. They made a point of learning all of our names and spending time talking to everyone. They really earned their tips.

Will absolutely do this one again.

Archived