Unsolicited cancellation

Golspie

Have just received an unpleasant shock to discover that our reservation on Azamara Quest for 6 April which we booked in February of 2008 and paid for at the beginning of September was cancelled on 2 December by person or persons unknown - I just found out when I opened up " My Reservations"!!! Needless to say we are in a panic as no one has contacted us, our money has disappeared into the ether and we have several other bookings in place and paid for like flights from Australia and hotels in Singapore and Athens. Please, has anyone else had this happen to them? I'd be very grateful for comments.

Hi Golspie !

We would need a great deal of additional information, before any of us could offer assistance.

However, the ONLY recommendation I can offer, is to get in touch with your Travel Agent and/or with Azamara directly, as they are the only ones who can get to the bottom of this.

I hope everything works out for you !

Thanks for your replies. The mystery has been solved but it contains a warning for all of us. Apparently Azamara have changed their registration numbering system. I was only able to find this out by contacting the travel wholesalers who are the Azamara agents in Australia. They claim to have advised my cruise agent of the change who in turn denies that they did. I rang Azamara in the States first and they gave me no indication, only a suggestion that it appeared likely to be a payment issue, not a comment destined to fill one with confidence. Irrespective of who is right, I feel that Azamara should not have left the original reservation on their website with the the words, " Cancelled 2 December 2008" without any explanation or advice about a change in numbering. It gave us some very anxious moments and a sleepless night.

However, all's well that ends well but I recommend that you check your registration because the new numbering rendered my original online registration invalid and I had to complete a new one. We are now looking forward to our April cruise and to meeting some of the people we have exchanged messages with over the past year.

Thanks for your replies. The mystery has been solved but it contains a warning for all of us. Apparently Azamara have changed their registration numbering system. I was only able to find this out by contacting the travel wholesalers who are the Azamara agents in Australia. They claim to have advised my cruise agent of the change who in turn denies that they did. I rang Azamara in the States first and they gave me no indication, only a suggestion that it appeared likely to be a payment issue, not a comment destined to fill one with confidence. Irrespective of who is right, I feel that Azamara should not have left the original reservation on their website with the the words, " Cancelled 2 December 2008" without any explanation or advice about a change in numbering. It gave us some very anxious moments and a sleepless night.

However, all's well that ends well but I recommend that you check your registration because the new numbering rendered my original online registration invalid and I had to complete a new one. We are now looking forward to our April cruise and to meeting some of the people we have exchanged messages with over the past year.

Hi Golspie !

I'm happy to hear that everything worked out ok. Enjoy your Cruise !

Golspie

I am so sorry that this happened to you. I know how I would feel if it was us.

I only accessed our reservation [for the same cruise] yesterday both online and with RCCL here by telephone and they have not chaged our reservation number. We booked early whilst Azamara was still part of Celebrity so that does not appear to be the reason. However, we did not book online [but direct with RCCL here in the UK] and there have been lots of problems with their website so perhaps those who booked online should be most wary.

Sue

Archived