Traveling with custodial parent

Memphis_Wife

This question was brought up on another board and now I am freaking out, just a little bit! So here is a little background:

I have primary physical custody of my two boys, ages 15 and 12. I have remarried and so my DH and I have a different last name then my fellows. The childrens father is in a drug rehabilitation program and unavailable to me and his children. Both of my kids have their own passport.

Do I have to have a notorized permission to travel with my kids - signed by their Dad? I do not believe that this will be possible. What are the alternatives? Will I be asked to produce the paperwork to get on or off the ship? I would appreciate answers from anyone that has experience with this matter. The cruise is not for another 6 months so I have time to "fix" this.

TIA

As long as there's no chance for him to make a fuss about your plans, I can't see where he'd even KNOW about it!

If you were "widowed", no one would question anything....I don't know why anyone would question a mom taking her kids on vacation...

As long as there's no chance for him to make a fuss about your plans, I can't see where he'd even KNOW about it!

If you were "widowed", no one would question anything....I don't know why anyone would question a mom taking her kids on vacation...

I'm a widow and I have been questioned - which is a good thing to protect parents from one parent fleeing the country with the children. I was asked to produce my husband's death certificate - which I always have with me when travelling. I'm always afraid that the one time I don't have it will be the time they ask - and the delay could cause me to miss a flight or the ship at my own expense.

Best,

Mia

It has nothing to do with the husband "knowing" or making a "fuss". Many children are kidnapped by the noncustodial parent. The OP needs to have documentation with her so she and her children are allowed to board the ship.

Archived