Do we need to bring a potty seat along?

feenix

Our 5 year old is still using a potty seat (the kind that goes on top of the toilet seat) for #2. Has anyone brought their seat, or tried to go without it? Not sure what to do, but it is a bulky item to pack. I've tried the folding portable kind, and they end up falling in the toilet.

Depends on your child. If they will go on a big girl/boy potty- you may want to skip it.

I like the idea for a few reasons though- depending where you go, there may not be a rest room.. or it may not be clean...

I found a GREAT travel potty called the Potette. It is very portable, lightweight and perfect for cruising. You can find it on Amazon for $10!

Liners are $5 for a pack of 10. (but there are great ideas out there on how to make your own liners.. just readythe reviews.)

It fits in a diaper bag!

We will also use it on our boat this summer for our 2 YO..

Good luck!

Thanks - I think it is time for him to go without it. I just don't want him to be holding it because his seat isn't there. I think I will try to get him used to not having it now, and see if he can manage without it before we leave.

We brought it with our then 3 yr old. Just put it on top of the packed clothes....really didn't take up much room. Just kept it in the cabin, didn't use it around the ship. She is 4 and only likes to use it for #2 so will bring it again next month when we go on our next cruise.

We also have to be careful to get her as far away prior to flushing....those cruise toilets are LOUD and she does not like it one bit :p

We brought it with our then 3 yr old. Just put it on top of the packed clothes....really didn't take up much room. Just kept it in the cabin, didn't use it around the ship. She is 4 and only likes to use it for #2 so will bring it again next month when we go on our next cruise.

We also have to be careful to get her as far away prior to flushing....those cruise toilets are LOUD and she does not like it one bit :p

I agree, the roar of the toilet is enough to scare anyone!:eek: You don't need your little one so afraid of the commode that they go on "strike".

I concur on the flushing issue. My then five year old daughter was so scared of it, thought it was going to suck her into the ocean...I had to hold her when she sat down. She still remembers that at 16...and although I do not have to hold her..lol...She really really hates those toilets to this day...LPT:eek:

I concur on the flushing issue. My then five year old daughter was so scared of it, thought it was going to suck her into the ocean...I had to hold her when she sat down. She still remembers that at 16...and although I do not have to hold her..lol...She really really hates those toilets to this day...LPT:eek:

I can't stand it either. I call it a "flush & run" to get as far as way as possible.

Archived