Self Service Laundry Room

nizurc

We were just on the Insignia- check to see what time the laundry room opens - on Insignia it was 7:30am and I was #5 in line at 7:25 with 4 machines so I had to wait quite a bit.

Next time, try the ships' laundry service. We found it inexpensive and very convenient, and they do a beautiful job pressing things!

They have some kind of a deal where anything that you can fit in the laundry bag (that they provide) is done for a flat rate. We didn't keep the receipts, but it was around ten bucks.

They have some kind of a deal where anything that you can fit in the laundry bag (that they provide) is done for a flat rate. We didn't keep the receipts, but it was around ten bucks.

I have never seen any deal like that :confused:

Are you sure it was O or is just for PH & up?

Lynn-

I don't believe it was a suite only offer.

They put a flier into the Cruise Currents, I believe.

Keep in mind the size of those Laundry bags, before you get too enthused.

Jim I think you have had tooo many martoonies :D

Never saw any deals on laundry ...the bag is fine I can stuff a lot into it;)

We used Oceania's laundry/dry cleaning service on our last cruise and while they did a nice job on most of my husband's clothes they stretched out every tee shirt I sent in. It seemed as though they pressed it on a man's shirt press and they are now very baggy tee shirts. I was upset because they were nice form fitting tee shirts that could be dressed up or down and when I got them back it looked like I was in my husbands shirt. Needless to say I had to do my laundry in the laundry room and I found it to be a major hassle...NOT what I want to do while on vacation.

They also ruined a pair of my husband's pants when they attempted to get a stain out. We were reimbursed for the cost of the pants as a credit to our onboard account.

Well.. we can all go the other route as we did and and wash your own things in the sink (swimsuits and undies), leave to soak and when we returned stewards had put all things on hang line. I still wonder..did they rinse?? did they do what?? then hang?? Nice touch ? I don't know:confused:

Does Oceana charges for everything. Do they charge for bottled water as well? I hear that one cruise line charges room servuce after 12 till 5 am.

Define "everything"? Coffee, tea, cappucino, lemonade, iced tea and fruit punch are available without charge 24 hours per day, room service has no fees attached 24 hours a day (although many folks offer a small tip), excellent water is available from the dispensers (as well as ice) or from your own tap, no need to buy bottled water (remember, they make all their own potable water in desalinization equipment, some 300 metric tons per day, it's as pure as you can get it).

There is no charge for the specialty restaurants, although reservations are needed. There are no ship's phtographers to bug you into buying. The drink servers are never pushy -- when you come into a lounge or pool deck, they will ask you once, and if you say no, they place an upside-down coaster near you to indicate to all the other servers not to bother you.

We bring our own soda, beer, wine and liquor on board (something that is denied on most cruise ships) and so have generally not spent any money on board, except for an occasional bottle of wine at dinner.

Oh, almost forgot, the library is very well stocked and on the honor system, there is a "leave one, take one" paperback exchange, and there is a library of about 600 DVDs, all at no charge.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, does Regatta have a self service laundry room?

All Oceania ships have a self service laundry on deck seven.

I found the self-service laundry was fine if you timed it right. I never waited in line, just went away and came back later if the place was full. Best times are around 6pm when everyone is getting ready for dinner etc.

Put your wash in and get ready for dinner then go back 20-25 minutes later and put your clothes in the dryer.

Beware of those who are really inconsiderate and hog two washing machines and/or two dryers at one time. There aren't that many of them on board but if you do run into them it is really frustrating and annoying for eveyone. Especially when the laundry is busy = there should be a rule against it. If you need to do two washes and dries it should have to be one after another - unless all machines are available (which sometimes does happen).

We have had a lot of laughs and interesting conversations in the laundry room.

I've seen those special deals of everything you can stuff into the bag for $10, but not on every cruise. It was definitely a SPECIAL. But it's worth it if you see it offered on your cruise.

I've usually lucked out in getting a machine but that may be because I am careful about when I try to do laundry. NEVER on a sea day! I generally find if I go down around 6pm, I can get a machine because lots of people are already having cocktails or even dinner. We tend to eat late so that works out fine. And if you happen to stay on board while in port (which I did a couple of times when I whacked out my knee), the laundry rooms are often pretty empty.

Is there a supply for Detergent and/or fabric softener? Is there a vending machine or is it furnished like on HAL?

Thanks,

MSEm

From what I gather (post #3 above by LHT28), "soap is included with wash the cost is $1.50 per load per machine get tokens at reception on Deck 4."

Is there a supply for Detergent and/or fabric softener? Is there a vending machine or is it furnished like on HAL?

Thanks,

MSEm

There is a soap dispenser on the wall, you push the button on the dispenser that corresponds to the number on the machine & the soap is added to the wash.

Not sure if it has fabric softener in it but things come out of the dryer with not much cling. You could always pack a few dryer sheets

Archived