Best obstructed view on Ruby Princess?

GloriaF

OK, So this is driving me crazy.....I think I have it on here as an attachment......sorry for the hassle. Honestly, I was just trying to get Pia the image she was looking for since I had it.

Hope this works~~!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

E414 Caribbean Princess (should be same view for sister ships, at least i would think)..........

Hooray! Looks good to me. Now I forgot what it was you were showing. LOL :D:D:D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This link is to our Cat F obstructed view on the Emerald, but the Ruby & Crown would be the same.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2112759580015325211uKgrOd

I forgot to say this is of E633 and if you click "next" on the page of the cabin photo, there are also photos of E701. Great cabins!

EngerMark: We didn't hear any noise from the Promenade deck below at all in either E701 or E633. Directly below these two cabins is the "hallway" with all the photos.

Edited by sunnyv

E210 is a great ocean view obstructed, not sure why they call it that as it is pretty much full view and large window. It was on our cabin crawl so I got to see it and the people in it were happy with it the full 10 days.

Highly recommend this cabin.

Does anyone one know if E210 on the Star is the same? We will be on her March 16th

Ontario Cruiser

We'll be on the Crown (sister ship to the Ruby) and will be in an obstructed view, Category F cabin, E631...no obstruction. (plus E701, E633 and their even numbered counterparts on the other side of the ship) Thanks to Vicki for the great pics of the view out of our cabin. Look at the deck diagrams on the Princess website to see what's outside your cabin window. It is very accurate.

We have booked cabin E633 on the Emerald for our October cruise and as the deck diagram and the pics that we 've seen, all confirm that the cabin view is fully unobstructed. On our past cruises with Princess, except for our first on the Dawn (newbies then :confused:) we have always had partially obstructed cabins and the obstruction was always the forward end of a lifeboat.

There was no obstruction at all in front of our window. The big White Box is to the far right and not near the window.

1. This is our first look outside

2. Our room when we are out to sea

3. Looking up at our room from Promenade Deck

4. View looking down

5. View far left out window

See Next post for more shots....

IMG_1392.jpg.68d7ce940b8582657645d0c2ffcd6bae.jpg

IMG_1404.jpg.a252ebcdbe1220d5adba4500f0ea2dd7.jpg

IMG_1438.jpg.be6c5576164d261c51fa364096cddbf1.jpg

IMG_1439.jpg.3f05128259455f9467b82b7a340bf9ee.jpg

IMG_1441.jpg.d73053c67a0083d55ee2cc3e3cf60973.jpg

Here are some more shots out our wonderful window!!!

Our cruise was Jan. 29- Feb. 8th-2010

1. View far right of window-Dreaded White Box

2. View at Havensight in St. Thomas

3. View at St. Kitts

4. Leaving Antigua

We were lucky and did not find any one outside our window during this cruise. We did hear them very early in the morning cleaning the window.

IMG_1440.jpg.0c570aaf5ef9cfa9c00ee3433aa3f009.jpg

IMG_1412.jpg.54f9f0d0c98f13fbfbb6aa989b014c5f.jpg

IMG_1427.jpg.2fbe40d7b695fe4375ecce50b3189629.jpg

IMG_1442.jpg.e49e688c6635269904d475b8f8a114fa.jpg

Here are some more shots out our wonderful window!!!

Our cruise was Jan. 29- Feb. 8th-2010

1. View far right of window-Dreaded White Box

2. View at Havensight in St. Thomas

3. View at St. Kitts

4. Leaving Antigua

We were lucky and did not find any one outside our window during this cruise. We did hear them very early in the morning cleaning the window.

These pics are great! Thanks for taking the time to post them :D

There was no obstruction at all in front of our window. The big White Box is to the far right and not near the window.

4. View looking down

Just wanted to thank you again! I just moved to this cabin for our cruise on the Ruby :D

• 1 month later...

4. View looking down

Thanks for all the detailed photos. We booked E414 for our upcoming transatlantic cruise on the Ruby and we're so happy we decided to pay just a teeny bit more than for an inside to get this cabin.

And here is a view from E207 on the Ruby (GG Cat). You have a pretty good view of the ocean and there was only saw crew in this area once during the cruise.

The cabin layout is the same as a balcony cabin. The only slight draw back is noise from the Princess Theatre below, it vibrates the bathroom floor during a show! However, we were always too tired at night to ever let it disturb us.

27003_377531903787_592333787_3579675_4616040_n.jpg.e943825004f715474965d27c9ad34b7f.jpg

And here is a view from E207 on the Ruby (GG Cat). You have a pretty good view of the ocean and there was only saw crew in this area once during the cruise.

The cabin layout is the same as a balcony cabin. The only slight draw back is noise from the Princess Theatre below, it vibrates the bathroom floor during a show! However, we were always too tired at night to ever let it disturb us.

I just posted window views from Ruby's E319 cabin, under the Photo Gallery here on the Cruise Critic board. Princess considers that cabin as "fully obstructed" but it was perfect.. no complaints at all.

• 2 weeks later...
I just posted window views from Ruby's E319 cabin, under the Photo Gallery here on the Cruise Critic board. Princess considers that cabin as "fully obstructed" but it was perfect.. no complaints at all.

Hi Stacey. Sending a shout to our trivia buddies - Stacey and Kent. Great to meet you - hope you are well. We have cruise fever already....

• 3 months later...

4. View looking down

E412 is sold as a DD unobstructed cabin. From your picture it looks more obstructed than E414. Maybe I need to contact my TA about this. Thanks for the photos.

E210 is a great ocean view obstructed, not sure why they call it that as it is pretty much full view and large window. It was on our cabin crawl so I got to see it and the people in it were happy with it the full 10 days.

Highly recommend this cabin.

We are in E210 on Star for 30 days around South America, yes I have seen pics of it, looks ok. We generally book obstructed view, but always try and pick our cabin after perusing deck plans.

Edited by NSWP

I was in Lido 104 on the Ruby Inaugural cruise. The cabin is large and has a ton of storage. The view isn't bad at all, just a railing outside. You do have to watch because people will walk outside and they can see into the cabin. We had a great party out on that huge deck one night and it was perfect. The location is good, one flight up to the gym or the spa pool. A bit of a hike to horizon court or the elevator.

Now, I did hear the treadmill, especially if someone would run in the morning and the door inside the hall way would bang. I thought that it was the door to the outside, but it was the crew using and inside door that made the noise.

This is a very cool mash-up of the deck plan and a ship photo. Nice idea, and nice execution. Is that your creation, Keith? Does anyone have more?

All 3 ships Emerald/Crown/Ruby are identical.

EmeraldObstructedView1-1.jpg