Regatta Cabin 4042

Arlenedow

We have a hold on cabin 4042 deck 4 on Regatta for the TA March,2010. I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with it? Is there noise from Martinis above and what is below?

Is there much movement in cabins 7006,7007,6006,6007? My husband has an inner ear problem if we have rolling seas so I'm hesitant to book one of these.

Thanks for any help.

Arlene

We have a hold on cabin 4042 deck 4 on Regatta for the TA March,2010. I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with it? Is there noise from Martinis above and what is below?

Is there much movement in cabins 7006,7007,6006,6007? My husband has an inner ear problem if we have rolling seas so I'm hesitant to book one of these.

Thanks for any help.

Arlene

Considering that 7006,7007 6006 & 6007 are in the bow area if there is any bumpy seas you will feel it more there than on deck 4

Deck 4 cabins are more under the outside boat deck than the Martinis

We have stayed on the starboard side 4051 & no noise from above or below ..the only noise I heard was the door to the pursers office at shift change time (which is near that cabin)

I think on the port side it is crew quarter below those cabins

We were in 4043 for a transAtlantic; I turned down an opportunity to upgrade to 6006 for free because it is too close to the front for me; too much motion and too much noise (anchor chains, thrusters, etc). 4043 was perfect -- low enough and close enough to the middle to cancel pitching and rolling motions, and perfectly quiet.

Ocean View rooms also have a slight advantage in that there is a fiberglass shell around the window that serves as an additional horizontal surface upon which to stack things. :D

4042 is one of the very best places you could be on an Oceania ship, as mid-ship as you could possibly be where the motion of the ocean will be at it's minimum. You won't hear anything from Martini's above or the deck below where crew quarters are located.

Rickey Cruz

Oceania Cruises' Cruise Connoisseur Club Member

• 2 weeks later...
I'm glad to read these posts, as we just booked 4047 for the Regatta 3/21/10 TA. It'll be or first TA and our first Oceania. From what I've heard, we'll be spoiled forever!

Uh-oh, did we make a mistake? We decided to upgrade to an aft verandah cabin. Cabin 6093 became available and we grabbed it. Should we have stayed with our first selection (4047)? Will it be very bumpy back there? I would never select a cabin at the bow, but how about aft?

jerseygirl3 and Arlenedow: We stayed in 4047 on Regatta 1/2/09 -- perfect location -- no noise, situated between both sets of elevators and close to Reception and the Grand Staircase. Counting our next cruise (the same TA you have booked) we will have 4 on Deck 4. Just love it. One note, we had really heavy seas for a couple of days on Regatta in '07, but as hondorner has said, the motion of the ship was not too bad in our mid-ship Deck 4 stateroom. Can't speak to aft cabins as we have never stayed in one.

Uh-oh, did we make a mistake? We decided to upgrade to an aft verandah cabin. Cabin 6093 became available and we grabbed it. Should we have stayed with our first selection (4047)? Will it be very bumpy back there? I would never select a cabin at the bow, but how about aft

jerseygirl3

You'll have more vibration at the stern, but we did not notice too much more motion than a mid ship cabin.

In reality, questions about more and less movement are academic.

These ships are stabilized, but when they rock the whole ship rocks, the difference from room to room is not as much as many let on, IMHO.

That being said, Deck 11 (where the Cabanas are) can be very intense during rough weather. :eek: A lot like a roller coaster.

Keep this in mind, in the days before stabilizers (which were introduced in the 1950's) "they" thought that seeing the movement of the ocean increased motion sickness.......the solution?........ put drapes on the windows!

augustusfcsocial.jpg

Out of site, out of mind!

Enjoy your cruise~

S&J

I'm one of those people who hated the vibration in the aft of the ship on my first-ever cruise in September on Nautica. Our cabin was mid-ship (deliberately chosen because I was afraid of a queasy stomach) but when we were seated one evening for dinner in the Grand Dining Room (deck five) at the lovely stern windows, a primo table for many, I had to request to be moved because the vibration was driving me bonkers! The bow of the ship was fine for me, but I did not like the stern vibrations.

I'm one of those people who hated the vibration in the aft of the ship on my first-ever cruise in September on Nautica. Our cabin was mid-ship (deliberately chosen because I was afraid of a queasy stomach) but when we were seated one evening for dinner in the Grand Dining Room (deck five) at the lovely stern windows, a primo table for many, I had to request to be moved because the vibration was driving me bonkers! The bow of the ship was fine for me, but I did not like the stern vibrations.

Are the vibrations constant? Maybe we should switch back to our mid-ship cabin? I was thinking aft would be much less windy, therefore making the verandah more useful?

Are the vibrations constant? Maybe we should switch back to our mid-ship cabin? I was thinking aft would be much less windy, therefore making the verandah more useful?

Sorry, but I don't know because I only was in that area for dinner. Certainly I had no trouble eating breakfast at the Terrace Cafe aft because we always were docked by then. But we were moving at dinner time.

BTW, I'm a Jersey Girl too (originally from Toms River, where my 91- and 86-year old parents still live!).

Jerseygirl3-

I certainly hope that you're not asking if they turn the motors off at night when the ship is sailing Transatlantic.

MAP%20TRANSATLANTIC_gif.jpg

In fact, they usually try to make up time in the middle of the night (the theory being that sleeping passengers don't notice the vibration as much).

The aft verandahs are less windy than the ones along the sides of the ship. The verandahs of 6093/6090 are FAR deeper than normal too, because they are as deep as the Owners Suites Verandahs which they are next to.

Because of the deepness of those verandahs, they are also more sheltered than a standard verandah, as well as being more spacious.

insigniacruise.jpg

In this photo (all the O ships are presently identical), 6093 would be just above the ships name, on the right side (above the letters "NIA").

The dining room windows that Cintipam (Hi Pam!) referred to are just below the ships name. Three decks above your cabin (with the awning over it) is the Terrace Cafe, and above that are the floor to ceiling windows of Polo and Toscana.

Note: Athough the two specialty restaurants are at the very top of the ship, and as far astern as you can get, without your hat floating, there seem to be zero complaints about vibration or sea related movement from their patrons .......makes you think).

Thanks for any help.

Arlene

My husband and I were in 4043 on the Regatta and it was wonderful I am prone to sea sickness and never had a problem. The room was large enough to invite friends in for cocktails before dinner. We had a wonderful time!!

Archived