Where does Princess dock in Victoria?

Latitude 20

It's called Ogden Point, and is well marked on Google Earth and other mapping sites. (It's the docks just north of the large breakwater).

A few blocks to walk, or a short taxi ride into the heart of downtown.

Edited by cab519

It's called Ogden Point, and is well marked on Google Earth and other mapping sites. (It's the docks just north of the large breakwater).

A few blocks to walk, or a short taxi ride into the heart of downtown.

Princess also puts on an unexpensive shuttle bus to the inner harbour, right in front of the Empress Hotel. Good service if walking is not what you want to do.

You can walk it but it is quite a bit of walking. The shuttles are right outside once you get off of the ship. They are easy to spot. the last time I took the shuttle it was $6.00pp. They take you to the Inner Harbor right beside the empress Hotel which is right on the water. That is also the place where you take the bus back to the ship. They come at every 1/2 to 1 hr. They will tell you.

Marilyn

It is a 25 minute walk into town past the harbour and the Empress hotel. The shuttle last season was $6 return.

Victoria Harbour. The cruise ship dock is off the top right of the picture

3198781479_3c8702b2fb.jpg?v=0

Edited by billet

The walk from Ogden Point to the Inner Harbour is an easy 25-30 mins - flat, no hills, through nice tree-lined neighbourhoods. If you're up for a nice stroll, it's easily doable. I've done the walk twice and it was very pleasant. We took a cab back from the downtown area last time, which I believe cost us $10.

It is a very easy, flat walk. We did in strolling in about 20 minutes. We probably got downtown faster walking, than everyone else who was queued up waiting for shuttles/buses or taxis. Took a cab back from a cab stand across from the Empress. No wait coming back.

The walk is easy, flat and better than the shuttle or a cab. We have done it twice and it allows a nice stroll to work off some cruise calories.

Probably a 20 minute "stroll". I recommend!!

Victoria is a great town.

I do it at least once a week as part of my morning run :D

OMG! Can you bring the bug so we can meet him in person? :D

I would but I am having problems getting him a passport since he will not stay still for the passport photo and he keeps smiling. (I think it is a he) :o

• 9 years later...
We will be in Victoria from 7 pm til midnight. Saturday July 7. Is that enough time to go to buchhart gardens?

The Gardens close at 10pm that day and it's about a 45 minute bus/cab ride to the garden from where the ship docks............Not enough time to really enjoy it in my opinion.

Just curious does the cruiseline you are sailing on even offer the gardens as an excursion? if so what is the price and what are the times they are offering on the excursion list?

here's my plug for butchart. this is for people who really want to see it:

they close to new entrants at 10pm but on summer saturdays, the gardens are open later for people already there.

if you want to go, because of your limited time, i'd take the expensive ship's tour.

fireworks start at 10pm on July 7 and go for about half an hour. then you can walk the night illuminations route in the gardens. we don't usually leave until after 11pm.

butchart is worth seeing, especially on a fireworks night with free concerts. regular admission is almost $31 CAD for an adult, so it is very pricey for a family to go.

sailingreenie, i think its worth going to butchart but victoria is beautiful, especially the inner harbour area. there is usually lots going on. you will enjoy your time there as well. there are many (MANY) restaurants, the buskers are fun to watch, stroll along the harbour, see the legistlature. the provincial museum is open until 10pm on saturdays and is an interesting (read: not boring) kind of museum. enjoy victoria!

Thanks for the info. I saw the gardens 20 years ago so know how beautiful it is but with 7 of us it’s just not in the budget. Hopefully my kids grandkids will get to return someday to the Pacific Northwest and visit then. So much to see in this world!!!