Private Tours in Rome

I have read on these threads about private tours and have heard mention of romeinlimo. I went to their website and it mentions they only take cash. So if I want to charter them for around 10-15 people we would all pay cash. Which means we would have to stop at an atm machine in rome. Are there any companies who take credit cards as payment? Also I am going to email romeinlimo and see if they will take credit card and add the surcharge processing fee.

I have read on these threads about private tours and have heard mention of romeinlimo. I went to their website and it mentions they only take cash. So if I want to charter them for around 10-15 people we would all pay cash. Which means we would have to stop at an atm machine in rome. Are there any companies who take credit cards as payment? Also I am going to email romeinlimo and see if they will take credit card and add the surcharge processing fee.

We just came back from a TA on the Galaxy & spent 4 days in Rome before sailing. We used romeinlimo for everythiing while there & we used euros to pay them after each excursion or tour. Of course we made sure we had enough euros before we left the USA for this purpose. However, I believe they will also accept Travelers Checks if I am not mistaken. They are very accommodating and do everything possible to make it easy on the traveler. They are more than worth every penny (no pun intended) you will pay in whatever currency! Contact Jany and see if there is some compromise. If not, stop at the ATM, you will not be disappointed.

Enjoy Rome! ( I am returning in November & will use Romeinlimo again)

:D Faith

Hi Faith - good to see you on the boards here and there. As for Romeinlimo, I do agree to get your euros ahead of time or use TCs. They are worth every effort to use them as they get you places you won't believe. I used them for our first trip to Europe in Rome, Florence and Pisa and was very satisfied. I am using them for a group of about 50 in November, and everyone will pay their own fees but be together. That is my experience with them. Have a great time.

We had 15 people, likely you should ask for two minivans as that way they can get thru all the smaller roads and drive you right up to Trevi, Panatheon, etc.

This past summer they did offer CC. Jany sent us a form to fill out with all the required info/signature and CC#. In the end we choose to do cash, it was a lot of cash, more then I could extract from an ATM so I converted the bulk of it before leaving the US.

Of course you could always ask each person to cough up there portion that day but that makes for logistics excitment during the busy day.

There are several ATMs right across from the Vatican and a 2' walk from where Romeinlimo often stops for lunch before they start their Vatican tours if you are doing that. Another tip, for us at least, after the Vatican tour we had to pay our tour guide for the entrance tickets and the tour fees. I hadn't pre counted, nor collected her portion so that made for some excitement as we were in a rush to return to the ship. Its good to have that cash pre-collected and divide out.

Happy planning

There are several ATMs right across from the Vatican and a 2' walk from where Romeinlimo often stops for lunch before they start their Vatican tours if you are doing that. Another tip, for us at least, after the Vatican tour we had to pay our tour guide for the entrance tickets and the tour fees. I hadn't pre counted, nor collected her portion so that made for some excitement as we were in a rush to return to the ship. Its good to have that cash pre-collected and divide out.

Happy planning

Did you arrange the guide through Romeinlimo? We had them book the guide for us beforehand and we paid for the guide when we arrived back at the pier. We just gave the guide a tip after the tour.

I didn't want to have to worry about finding an ATM so we bought Travelers Checks in Euros before leaving. Some of the people that shared the tour with us paid in cash.

Thank you all for your advice on Romeinlimo. I have contacted them and they are working a deal where I will fill out paerwork and pay by creditcard. I will collect money from all in my group. Plus they are giving me a 5% discount if I book before the end of Feb. Cheers

Did you arrange the guide through Romeinlimo? We had them book the guide for us beforehand and we paid for the guide when we arrived back at the pier. We just gave the guide a tip after the tour.

I didn't want to have to worry about finding an ATM so we bought Travelers Checks in Euros before leaving. Some of the people that shared the tour with us paid in cash.

Hi davejohn,

It was thru Romeinlimo and thus I was caught a bit surprised that I had to pay before we left the Vatican. Made for a quick scramble but of course we already had the cash ;)

Archived