pizza on Sapphire?

bluenoser2

First, a thank you to everyone - I've browsed Cruise Critic so much over the past couple years and found so much information and have been entertained so well. We just booked an Alaska cruise for our 25th Anniversary in June....and we're a little excited. Our first cruise was the inaugral Emerald cruise that will go down in our history as the PERFECT vacation. One of the things my husband loved was being able to grab a slice of pizza as we walked by the counter on the Emerald. Is that what is on the deck by the Trident Grill on the Sapphire as well?

First, a thank you to everyone - I've browsed Cruise Critic so much over the past couple years and found so much information and have been entertained so well. We just booked an Alaska cruise for our 25th Anniversary in June....and we're a little excited. Our first cruise was the inaugral Emerald cruise that will go down in our history as the PERFECT vacation. One of the things my husband loved was being able to grab a slice of pizza as we walked by the counter on the Emerald. Is that what is on the deck by the Trident Grill on the Sapphire as well?

Absolutely. On one side is the pizza and the other side is the grill where they serve hamburgers, hotdogs. Enjoy.

Marilyn

Thanks! I wasn't sure if the pizza just tasted so good because we were starving (I know, how could we possibly be starving on a cruise?!!!)....the consequences of first-timers trying to do 2 excursions in one day and no time for lunch....until 4:30!

On a Princess cruise is the only time pizza is eaten daily by us!! It's just so good!

This is also one of my highlights. I pizza is amazing. As my family ran a pizza shop when I was younger, I am able to tell the difference between RCCL, Carnival and Princess pizza. Princess actually uses good quality ingredents (cheese and sauce)...yummm...I can't wait for the our May cruise. YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM

So, you can get just one slice? My only point of reference is the Dawn Princess, where they had a sit-down pizzeria in which you ordered a whole pizza...

we each got two slices each time we went. Never thought to ask for a whole pie- never really was that hungry for one.

we each got two slices each time we went. Never thought to ask for a whole pie- never really was that hungry for one.

Haha - I never thought about it that way! :) I didn't mean, "only get one", like I wanted more; I meant, "wow, you can just get a slice, and not have to be hungry enough to eat a whole pizza?!". Too funny - I didn't realize how it sounded! On the Dawn, my group used to go for a late-night snack, since we had the early dining, and they were a manageable (although filling!) size for 1 or 2.

So, what kind of toppings do they have on the Sapphire? I'm guessing that they're not made-to-order; they always have slices available? Do they have a few different flavors each day?

Having been on the Dawn Princess, I do have to say that the pizza in La Scala was extraordinary and made to order. The calzones were pretty good too! I actually don't remember if you could get pizza by the slice by the pools... maybe someone else can comment.

I was also onboard Regal Princess for a ship visit and it's pizzeria restaurant was also excellent. RIP Regal Princess! Don't know if Pacific Dawn has continued the tradition...

As for the Sapphire's pizza, yes, they usually have a cheese, a pepperoni and a speciality pizza (margherita etc.) that changes daily, available. If you go during busy times, the pizza is usually very fresh and yummy. Enjoy!:D

Haha - I never thought about it that way! :) I didn't mean, "only get one", like I wanted more; I meant, "wow, you can just get a slice, and not have to be hungry enough to eat a whole pizza?!". Too funny - I didn't realize how it sounded! On the Dawn, my group used to go for a late-night snack, since we had the early dining, and they were a manageable (although filling!) size for 1 or 2.

So, what kind of toppings do they have on the Sapphire? I'm guessing that they're not made-to-order; they always have slices available? Do they have a few different flavors each day?

I only sailed on the CB and they had whole pizza with various toppings. I dont know if you could order a specialty one. I have read that you can ge a whole pie delivered by room service for a fee. (maybe 3.50?)

Archived