Chesley B. "Sully" Sullenberger, III

yogimax

God Bless Him , he truly is a hero.

Add another shout out to all the other rescue workers .

Thank God everyone is safe. :)

I agree; those rescue workers were awesome. Some of them, along with members of the media, were handing the passengers their winter coats, just so much compassion... it is so refreshing to see something positive for a change!

In defense of the geese.......You know they were "honking" the whole time at that plane.....:D

The pilot, co-pilot and crew did a great job.

The boats that came to aid did a wonderful job also.

They were all ver lucky and yes Virginia...There really is a Santa Claus....;)

Remarkable! All that training in the airforce paid off! Praise God for this man!

The quick response of the ferry boats that got to the plane so fast to rescue the passengers was amazing! People are home with thier families tonight thanks to this brave pilot!

These pilots also have to go through simulator training every so many months for a check out on how they do. They throw everything at them they've got. They walk out of the simulators sweating thier butts off. It keeps them very sharp for these unusual situations.

All the training and retraining of the entire crew really pays off.

Don't forget them.

The copilot was working his butt off too to help in this situation and the flight attendants did thier job to the fullest......They all deserve a big hand and more than a pat on the back......

Good job by all....

I came back to post that but you beat me to it. Yeah the co-pilot is a hero as well.

And the flight attendants that were the last ones off before the Captain.....it is really a true miracle......

It just wasn't the time for those people to go.....

I'll bet every one of them will live life to it's fullest for the extra time they received today.

I was watching the news and it showed a group of people from the flight being brought to shore. They were cold and wet but all were smiling. One fellow (a middle aged black man) was jumping up and down doing almost a Rocky Balboa type of thing and just so happy to be alive. If you watch the news I am sure the media will be showing him. He said it all for all of them without saying a word.

Like I said earlier...The God of their (people on the plane) individual choice just decided it wasn't their day to go......;)

Quite amazing! he landed that plane dead center of the Hudson right near the ferry boats.....a member of my community was on that plane.

Imagine being rescued, and finding you were being taken to the Jersey side! :eek:

Imagine being rescued, and finding you were being taken to the Jersey side! :eek:

AS Jay Leno said, they could have made it to Newark but the passengers said "no, the river is fine" LOL. Isn't it great we can joke about something like this instead of mourning 155 deaths?

The pilot lives in Danville, CA, which is where we lived for 25 years and raised our kids. Great community, about 35 miles east of San Francisco. They will be seeing him in the 4th of July parade this year, if they can convince him!

I chuckled reading what his family and friends have to say about him, too. His sister guessed it was probably him piloting that plane.

I'll bet he tells everyone to go away pretty soon. :D

Archived