Fuel Charge & Next Cruise

dmdicato

Just made a reservation this morning for a summer cruise. When I tried to use the "next cruise" deposit of $200 done on August 1, 2008, I was told that was subject to the fuel surcharge, meaning I lost $100 of the $200. However, if I didn't use that $200 "next cruise" credit, I didn't have to pay the fuel surcharge.

Something doesn't sound right here! Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Darlene

Just made a reservation this morning for a summer cruise. When I tried to use the "next cruise" deposit of $200 done on August 1, 2008, I was told that was subject to the fuel surcharge, meaning I lost $100 of the $200. However, if I didn't use that $200 "next cruise" credit, I didn't have to pay the fuel surcharge.

Thanks,

Darlene

You will get refunded the fuel surcharge.. Because you made the nextcruise reservation while they were still charging the fuel surcharge RCI looks at this date as your cruise reservation date and that would make you subject to the fuel surcharge.

However, they will refund you the surcharge at some point closer to your departure date.

I recently went through the same issue with a nextcruise that we made while onboard Mariner in October, 2008.

Thanks,

Darlene

As previous poster stated, you won't have to pay the surcharge. Go ahead and book your cruise as normal using your next cruise. Then call the next day and get it removed.

Archived