Secret discoveries in your room

scottbee

DW found used condom :eek: between the bed and nightstand, steward promptly took care of it. We also asked that all bedding be changed.

We now always bring disinfecting wipes and clean all common contact areas.

Was 2nd and last cruise on Princess.

Oh man...that's SICK! Not sure who to blame, the room steward or the pigs who didn't dispose of it properly...

Haven't really found much, but on our last HAL cruise, there was a problem with Norwalk on the cruise prior to ours. The crew had to get off and be checked medically, so that made us late leaving port. They were quite rushed to get the cabins ready, and some things didn't get completed before we were allowed into the rooms. The bathroom hadn't been cleaned and stocked (no towels, etc.), and we found an empty soft drink bottle in the closet. However, at time for lifeboat drill, we were getting the vests from the top of the closet when I noticed something drop from underneath them. Turns out it was a bra. Not nearly like the one previously described, but a bra nontheless. Gave it to the steward.

Usually manage to leave something behind though. From socks to pillows to calling cards I had collected on the trip, to whatever.

The only thing I've found in my room, which was left to me by a previous passenger, was a pair of children's socks, rolled up and stuck in the back of the drawer. I frankly don't remember what I did with them.

I've had better or worst luck when I have stayed in hotels. Once I found a pair of woman's high heels beneath the bed. Those I returned to the hotel concierge, whom I presume returned tthem to the woman who had previously stayed in the room.

• 3 weeks later...

I was on the Carnival Liberty New Years cruise, and I found a wallet and an iPod Touch in the safe. The safe was open, the room had been cleaned, but the wallet and ipod were still in there. At first, I thought it was my sisters, until she asked me to put her wallet in the safe. Turns out it was some kid's wallet from somewhere like Nebraska or Oklahoma, with just under $100 in it, and a bunch of gift cards. Turned both of those things into the pursers station, I hope they made their way back to there owner.

I was on the Carnival Liberty New Years cruise, and I found a wallet and an iPod Touch in the safe. The safe was open, the room had been cleaned, but the wallet and ipod were still in there. At first, I thought it was my sisters, until she asked me to put her wallet in the safe. Turns out it was some kid's wallet from somewhere like Nebraska or Oklahoma, with just under $100 in it, and a bunch of gift cards. Turned both of those things into the pursers station, I hope they made their way back to there owner.

Good job, I hope it found its way back as well.

My 22yr old son went on his first cruise back in Sept. Well, needless to say he partied a little too much the last night and overslept the next morning and in his haste to leave the ship, he left his nice suit and several shirts in the closet! :mad: He contacted Carnival about it - but here it is Jan and he still hasn't gotten them back! :(

I think I want to leave a self addressed stamped postcard in a drawer or something and just ask whoever finds it to put a date on it and throw it in a mailbox, so I can see how long it takes for it to be found.. It would be an interesting experiment..

Not on a cruise, but, rented a car last week and found somebodies check book, ink pen, scissors and a few other things under the seat. Turned them in when i returned the car.

I like to leave little things behind... not dirty rubbers or pocket rockets.. gross but little mementos, maybe nothing personal at all ( no name etc) but knowing one day somebody will find it makes me happy. From time to time I slip little notes in the kids books or other places like that. They never say anyting so I suspect they're not studying ;)

• 4 weeks later...

from reading this thread, ill be sure to check over my room very carefully next cruise! and i just might leave something behind for someone to find... nothing yucky of course! i like the somethign in the bible idea...

Archived